Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-Well ...Ahem...too many comments about this..

billt01
billt01 Posts: 1,523
Have:
 XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
Had:
LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
Ola, Ga

Comments

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    And they already exceeded their GoFundMe goal.

--------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • billt01
    Sea2Ski said:
    And they already exceeded their GoFundMe goal.

There needs to be a new reality show for these things..

"Financing Stupidity" then we can transition right into a "Running Man" type of show where the American people just watch people get off'd....

I believe that maybe where we are headed...
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• I read that article and just kept shaking my head.  They’re lucky this didn’t happen to them in the middle of the ocean, but now that they’ve raised enough money to salvage their boat, it probably will.  Somewhere, Darwin is smiling.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    I think they wanted a floating meth lab. 
  • billt01
    edited February 2018
    they did save the dog toys...
    Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Who needs insurance when the GoFundMe crowd  will always bail you out.......
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Go fund me has to get tons of scams like this - like that kid who was bullied awhile back had one set up by his racist mother as a ploy to make cash.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    As has been said forever, "You can't fix stupid."  And the corollary, "The stupid shall be punished."  
    Today's instant communications with so many avenues to get your story out has changed the dynamics and given fuel to these type of undertakings, figuring someone will bail them out of their self-created disaster.  No such thing as personal responsibility.  Off small soap-box.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    BYS1981 said:
    Go fund me has to get tons of scams like this - like that kid who was bullied awhile back had one set up by his racist mother as a ploy to make cash.

YEP!  Real or Fake, Needs or just Wants, and so on, GoFundMe still gets 5%......so what do they care?  
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,668
    gofundme  goal 10,000 including beverages

Image result for flying lounge chair balloons

we had 2 new york homeless and an underage runaway girl make portland maine from nyc with a raft made of pallets and yellow rope back several years ago, they were going to france. coast guard threw a wrench into their plans =) seems they were more than "well prepared". my dog chased their cat
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Johns pass is where I fish often, and I can attest that it goes from about 25 foot to 2 feet within 20 yards. We fish it in a flats boats. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    Hopefully they'll use some of that money to actually get some training in sailing. Stories like this are always amusing and puzzling. Sailing on a calm day isn't too tricky but dealing with wind and waves does require some skill/experience.  Living on the coast, there are always at least a couple similar stories of people not really ready to venture offshore in the news each year - usually involving the Outer Banks and Coast Guard helicopter rescues.

The comments on that Fox News page are about what I would expect. Apparently, people voluntarily donating a few bucks to some fellow sailors (or wannabe sailors in this case) is a sign of "libtard-ness". Personally, I'd rather give them $20 than donate money so a televangelist can get a newish Gulfstream jet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klQ7I53R_cc

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,668
    HeavyG said:
    Hopefully they'll use some of that money to actually get some training in sailing. Stories like this are always amusing and puzzling. Sailing on a calm day isn't too tricky but dealing with wind and waves does require some skill/experience.  Living on the coast, there are always at least a couple similar stories of people not really ready to venture offshore in the news each year - usually involving the Outer Banks and Coast Guard helicopter rescues.

The comments on that Fox News page are about what I would expect. Apparently, people voluntarily donating a few bucks to some fellow sailors (or wannabe sailors in this case) is a sign of "libtard-ness". Personally, I'd rather give them $20 than donate money so a televangelist can get a newish Gulfstream jet.

20 dollars wont cut it heavyg =) you need 90 dollars in your pocket to sail the carribbean in a 49 year old boat.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,943
    HeavyG said:

Please, please, please say that is a satirical video.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG said:

20 dollars wont cut it heavyg =) you need 90 dollars in your pocket to sail the carribbean in a 49 year old boat.
    You mean my 1965 edition of the "Caribbean on $5 a Day" guidebook is out of date?? :)

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• HeavyG
    HeavyG said:

Please, please, please say that is a satirical video.
    Not fake news my man. If you enjoyed that one you'll really love this one from a few years ago where these grifters rationalize their need for their private jets - all in the name of Jesus of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdH2DGSXjss

• jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Google “Creflo Dollar jet” and enjoy. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    What about they go get jobs and earn money to buy a new boat?

No, no... I'm sure they are the only two kids who ever fell on their face after following a dream poorly equipped.  Let's buy them two boats so they have a spare!  :o
    LBGE/Maryland
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    edited February 2018
    Too bad the devastated thread didn't bring in any cash for its author.  They could've used go fund me back then.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • DoubleEgger
    Creflos plea for $65,000,000 to buy a G650 was the talk of Atlanta a couple years ago. 

Here’s the official hype video 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UIobdRNLNek
  • HeavyG
    Did Creflo ever get his jet? I know he stopped the fundraising campaign after all the initial uproar/backlash but I thought the church board later agreed they needed the jet and would proceed with getting it.

• DoubleEgger
    HeavyG said:
    Did Creflo ever get his jet? I know he stopped the fundraising campaign after all the initial uproar/backlash but I thought the church board later agreed they needed the jet and would proceed with getting it.
    I think so. 
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2015/06/03/pastor-creflo-dollar-might-get-his-65-million-private-jet-after-all/?utm_term=.f70f8328f93b

• Not sure how this thread from morons requesting money to bail out their moronic life choices to televangelists but... no wait that actually makes a lot of sense. 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Wow. At least the wanna be sailors are upfront.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    ”God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.” Billy Currington
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    It’s a sick world when ppl use religion to get money from hard working ppl so they can fly around the world.