Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best burger I’ve ever had.

Been eating the burger at a local restaurant and decided to look up the source. Damn good, well better than that. Read all about it. 

http://www.blackhawkmeats.com/

Comments

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,676
    They do look good. I've never ordered any beef online.
  • g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    @GrillSgt you located in KY? I saw the burger source was from Princeton, KY. I travel to Paducah 2-3 times a year. 
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    edited February 2018
    Yes. The restaurant is in Lex. I will definitely be ordering. Years ago I made friends with a farmer that I bought hay from. He would keep one bull calf a year and make burger out of the whole thing. It was crazy good. Never heard of anyone else doing that until I read there story. Grind is perfect for me, fairly coarse. I find a lot of high end burgers are ground too fine for me. If you ever get to Bowling Green check out Rian’s Fatted Calf. Avoid the pork but the beef is primo. It’s a butcher shop. 
  • g8golfer
    Ok sounds good. I’m in Lexington fairly often. My brother n law lives in Georgetown so I’m in the area at least once a month. 
  • @g8golfer i am only 45 minutes north of Paducah. We should hit up fat edds roadhouse in metropolis, IL sometime. That place rocks! 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Didn’t read anything here but different cuts ground differently produce fifferent results for sure. I never buy ground meat in a supermarket I always find a nice looking chuckroast and get them to grind it for me. Always get a good burger this way. There are better more expensive options out there like Costco prime brisket short rib combos but it’s alot more work to clean the grinder. I never cook burgers on my egg anymore the blackstone makes better burger any day. 
  • g8golfer
    @g8golfer i am only 45 minutes north of Paducah. We should hit up fat edds roadhouse in metropolis, IL sometime. That place rocks! 
    Sounds good. My buddy owns a golf facility in Paducah (The Golf Complex) and his business partner lives in Metropolis. I should be in the area around the end of March and I will hit you up. 
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    edited February 2018
    Let me know with some heads up, I am akways down for some shrimps 

i suck at golf 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• g8golfer
    Let me know with some heads up, I am akways down for some shrimps 

i suck at golf 
    If you like to play and want to learn The Golf Complex is top notch. It takes me about 6 hours to drive it but I go 2-3 times a year for a touch up before the season starts. 
  • logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    Sounds great, but I can't get my mind around grinding up all that great looking ribeye for burger
    LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA