Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Super Bowl Wings

I’m a little late on posting but my goodness these were delicious!! Had one person tell me they would eat just one wing out of respect because they don’t eat chicken wings. Then they ate eight. Had another who doesn’t like meat on the bone and they ate 6-7! It was a success.

S&P on the wings and smoked at 225 until IT of 115ish. Had a 7qt cast iron with oil at 400. Fried the wings for about 7-8min until IT 175. Did about 16 at a time. 65 total wings. Smokey flavor, crispy skin.

Sauce was a stick of garlic herb butter, 3/4 cup of franks, splash of worcestershire, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and pinch of celery salt. Simmered for a few min. It wasn’t really spicy but my goodness was it flavorful. That stick of garlic herb butter was the star. I put it on 2/3 the wings. Left the others to be eaten dry or dipped in bbq sauce. Forgot to take a pic of sauce once all ingredients were added. Got the butter though!

Comments