Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I’ll Let The Pictures Do The Talking

Options
MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
Southeastern CT. 

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Bet that was good. You have way more patience than I do. Now bout them mashed taters, you do from scratch? 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • PoppasGrill
    Options
    Looks tasty, so, what’s with the shrink wrap in hot water?
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,349
    Options
    How do I say, great cook and result, I would inhale that w/o words??  Money shot for the win and I love the heavy pepper accent.  Nailed it. Fork placement for added bonus.  
    BTW- great head fake as I was expecting a pile of groceries compliments of "Ol' Mortimer."
    Submarines once...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options

“There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Steak looks outstanding!!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Damn!!  That’s all

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Mighty fine brother!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,761
    Options
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Yessir!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • JNDATHP
    JNDATHP Posts: 461
    Options
    Nice monologue!
    Michael
    Large BGE
    Reno, NV
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    That looks about as good as a non-diamond plate can!  Great job!  Hope Mortimer isn't jealous!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    That cook makes me feel like I am starving. Wow, great presentation, beautiful cook!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    Bet that was good. You have way more patience than I do. Now bout them mashed taters, you do from scratch? 
    It’s actually mashed cauliflower, tasty low carb replacement. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • CTMike
    Options

It is a Sous Vide unit. Heats the water to preset temperature and cooks the steak evenly from edge to edge. Then a quick sear in a screaming hot pan to put a crust on the outside. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Yessir!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Those ribeyes are some beautes.  You did them justice.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• CTMike
    Options
    Thanks. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Options
    Steak looks great...
    the tomatoes... not so much.
  • CTMike
    Options
    onedbguru said:
    Steak looks great...
    the tomatoes... not so much.

Because you don't like tomatoes?

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    Can't argue with the appearance, but how was the flavor?
    Do you feel the Sous Vide equals the flavor of a traditionally cooked steak on the egg?
    I have a full SV setup and have never been able to achieve the flavor that I'm looking for using a quick sear at the end.

You entire meal does look fantastic.
  • PoppasGrill
    Options
    CTMike said:

It is a Sous Vide unit. Heats the water to preset temperature and cooks the steak evenly from edge to edge. Then a quick sear in a screaming hot pan to put a crust on the outside. 
    It cooks it through to the preset temp? I’ve seen posts about them , but haven’t had enough interest to look up what it is
  • stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    Options
    Fantastic cook! Meal looks amazing.  No disrespect but I can't get over the prices Wegman's gets away with?  My butcher is $11 /lb for the same Choice Angus.
  • CTMike
    edited February 2018
    Options
    CTMike said:

It cooks it through to the preset temp? I’ve seen posts about them , but haven’t had enough interest to look up what it is

Yup,

Dial in the temp you want and let it do the work. The thicker the piece of meat the longer it needs for the center to get up to temperature. These went for 2 1/2 hours.

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT.