Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: valentine’s Day box : OT

Options
ryantt
ryantt Posts: 2,532
edited February 2018 in Off Topic
anyone else have to put a box together for their kids. My goodness when I was a kid you had a shoe box covered in paper with a slot cut in it. Not now, these kids want something fun and different.  So tonight when when I got home we finished up the box.   I wanted her to make an egg or a grill wife said to do a toilet and put unwrapped kisses in the bowel but Norah wanted a vending machine.   So we know how that goes.   Anyways shouldn’t ramble but post photos of the boxes you’ve built.   Let’s see how crafty you guys are!    Here’s my effort.  

XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    buzd504 said:
    I have no idea what's going on here.
    I'd love another one of those IPA's you had in NOLA.  Got the popcorn.  @ryantt, brother, please elaborate.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Dude that is some serious commitment. Well done. 

If you are are willing to pick him up from the principals office before lunch you can add a payment square where he can stick his head up for a kiss. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• ryantt
    Options
    @bgebrent did you not have to build boxes when you kids were younger for vday parties?   

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    I just saw that said Norah, not Noah. 

Dont make a kissing booth.  Give her a taser. Boys are dirty little monsters. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• bgebrent
    Options
    ryantt said:
    @bgebrent did you not have to build boxes when you kids were younger for vday parties?   
    Now I understand.  Yes we did.  As you stated, shoeboxes for valentine day card deposits.  Got you now bro.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    My mind was way off when I read the title here
  • ryantt
    Options
    Not shocked with this group @Lit

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    Lit said:
    My mind was way off when I read the title here
    Thought it, didn't say it.  
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Yeah one of my kids was supposed to do that for his first year of preschool, but I didn't know about it so he went there brown grocery bag with his name on it.  But you werent allowed to call it a valentines party.....it was a "February friends party" or something like that.  That was one and only year he went to public school.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,085
    Options
    I usually get reminded 20 min after bedtime that they need a box the next day.

Boxes for girls I get, but I never understood making one for my son.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    Options

It’s 2018 all the boys are doing it now 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    What do guys want most for Valentines Day???  "For it to go away!"
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Dude that is some serious commitment. Well done. 

If you are are willing to pick him up from the principals office before lunch you can add a payment square where he can stick his head up for a kiss. 
    Agreed.
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    buzd504 said:
    I'd love another one of those IPA's you had in NOLA.  Got the popcorn.  @ryantt, brother, please elaborate.
    That was the Ghost in the Machine, wasn't it?  I have some of those here (new batch) and Parish has some other good stuff out.  Come on down.
    NOLA
  • bgebrent
    Options
    buzd504 said:
    bgebrent said:
    buzd504 said:
    That was the Ghost in the Machine, wasn't it?  I have some of those here (new batch) and Parish has some other good stuff out.  Come on down.
    Yep.  Can't come down.  Please come on up !!
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options

A guy I work with was always eating pulled pork. Asked him about it one day and his kid was supposed to sell 100 lbs for a fundraiser but never told him till the day before. Fun times ahead.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,624
    Options
    Lit said:

A guy I work with was always eating pulled pork. Asked him about it one day and his kid was supposed to sell 100 lbs for a fundraiser but never told him till the day before. Fun times ahead.
    I’d have made the kid eat it.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Lit said:

I can hear my Dad here.  He would've said "That's a tough spot, Fred.  What are you going to do?"
    Flint, Michigan
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Huh?
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I'm drinking with guys I haven't seen for years. I have no idea what you are talking about..
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    Thanks dang impressive, my boy got a Cheerios box with the top cut off! Way to set the bar high, nicely done and quality time with kiddos. 

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe