Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Flame Boss 200 WiFi Repair

Options
Two pulled porks on the menu for tonight's BIG game. Connected all the probes on the FB 200 and went to connect the fan controller cable, and the port when the connection is to me made just went inside the casing of the FB 200. It has been more than an year since I purchased the FB 200, so warranty repair might not be possible. Anyone here opened up the FB 200 before to do any kind of service to the unit? Is is a fairly easy task? 

I did ping Flame Boss support, so hopefully on Monday I will hear back from them.

Thanks!
LBGE & Mini
Orlando, FL

Comments

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    fljoemon said:
    Two pulled porks on the menu for tonight's BIG game. Connected all the probes on the FB 200 and went to connect the fan controller cable, and the port when the connection is to me made just went inside the casing of the FB 200. It has been more than an year since I purchased the FB 200, so warranty repair might not be possible. Anyone here opened up the FB 200 before to do any kind of service to the unit? Is is a fairly easy task? 

I did ping Flame Boss support, so hopefully on Monday I will hear back from them.

Thanks!
    Yeah, just four little phillips screws and you can open it up.  Happened on mine once.  3 minutes for my soldering station to heat up and less than 10 second to put a drop of solder back on the board where that connector attached.

If you don't want to mess with it, I'm sure they'll fix it for you.  Drive it up there, they're just north of Orlando.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Had similar issue with my 200. Sent it back and FB took care of me. Excellent customer service.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • fljoemon
    fljoemon Posts: 757
    Options
    Just wanted to give a quick update on my issue .. Flame boss contacted me early Monday morning and said they are sending me a replacement FB 200 and a prepaid FEDEX box to ship my broken FB 200 back to them. The new FB 200 arrived Tuesday and I sent my old one back. Another kudos to the excellent customer service at Flame Boss. Thank you Terry Cummins and thank you Mike & Roger for standing behind your product!
    LBGE & Mini
    Orlando, FL
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Yeah how annoying it must be for them to consistently do the right thing for their customers :)

i contacted them them a while ago because of some issues I was having. Within minutes they diagnosed that there was a loose connection and they sent me a replacement. Pretty sure it was out of warranty since I bought mine when they first came out. 

Also, I wanted to stick a magnetic holder on the back of my first unit, but didn’t know if it would mess with the electronics. MIchael told me to go ahead , and he would replace the unit if there was any problem. It worked fine though. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I just today emailed them about a bad connection due to some corrosion on the power port.  within an hour got an email, replacement on the way.  just incredible customer service.

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    That's good to hear. Nice when a company stands by their product!

I had an issue with the fan and a probe after a year, and they took care of me as well.  The items really shouldn't have failed (light use, well kept) but their support will surely have me buying another and recommending them.  New part that arrived seemed redesigned as well over the versions I had.
    LBGE/Maryland