Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoked ribs & Instant pot

Options
wow, so I smoked 4 racks at 200-225F for 3hrs, then thought instead of fooling, I cut them up smaller and used the instant pot to steam with apple cider vinegar for 20mins to tenderize. Added bbq sauce as well. Afterwards, more bbq sauce and put direct on large Egg at 400F for 5mins more. Beet tender smoked ribs I’ve had!!

Comments

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options

I wouldn't have thought to do them that way.   Glad they turned out the way you like!

Next time, pics or it didn't happen ;)

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • sirlancealot
    Options
    johnnyp said:

I wouldn't have thought to do them that way.   Glad they turned out the way you like!

I don't think it happened!!
    Hahaha
  • ttony604
    Options
    Just try it, you’ll be so amazed, you’ll forget to take pics too!!
  • StillH2OEgger
    Options
    Before taking possession of my BGE, I would slow cook ribs on a baking sheet in the oven at 250 for a few hours, then wrap for a bit, and then unwrap and transfer to the gas grill with sauce long enough for that to firm up a bit. Not as good as the BGE, but they weren't bad and I didn't have a better point of reference to know any better.
    Stillwater, MN
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I like it! Just got my IP a couple of days ago, though I've had a stovetop PC for a while. Wonder if 2 hrs in the egg, and 30 minutes in the IP would do the same thing. Ribs in 2 1/2+ hrs? Might be worth a try.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    johnnyp said:

I don't think it happened!!
    Hahaha
    Pics or it didn’t happen :-)
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    I like it! Just got my IP a couple of days ago, though I've had a stovetop PC for a while. Wonder if 2 hrs in the egg, and 30 minutes in the IP would do the same thing. Ribs in 2 1/2+ hrs? Might be worth a try.
    I did this with beef short ribs on Sunday.  Added some red wine and beef broth    Turned out real good.  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • ttony604
    Options
    See see...real good!! Give it a try!!
  • jak7028
    jak7028 Posts: 231
    Options
    i have both also.  Typically, people will start them in the IP to speed up the 3-2 part of the 3-2-1 ribs, then finish them on a grill, oven, or egg for the "1" part of the 3-2-1 to develop the bark.   

I only used IP once for ribs because a prefer a more traditional BBQ rib, tender, juicy, but stays on the bone.  IP will give you the "fall of the bone" consistency that a lot of people like.  My wife and kids loved them and they were easy for them to eat.  Personally, I still prefer the BGE for ribs, but it was nice making a rack of ribs in about 1 hour on a weeknight after work.  
    Victoria, TX - 1 Large BGE and a 36" Blackstone