Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rutland Gasket

Purchased one for LBGE and time to install. Currently high 50's during day and 30's at night. Would the sealant provided with the gasket cure at these temps, or should I wait until it is warmer?
Large BGE x2  Now we're cookin' in Dothan Al.

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    If you are using the Rutland adhesive and not the much better Permatex Ultra Copper then that Rutland product is latex. Assuming you are starting to apply it now then it will be dry and cured before tonight.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • tml1230
    tml1230 Posts: 237
    2 thoughts..Go Gafors"......, and Listen to RRP
    Sarasota Fl. and  Lake Toxaway N.C. (and Novembers on the island of Kauai) (and April in France.... Don't hate on me for that)
    BGE  medium and minimax
    HOW  BOUT THEM GATORS !
  • Duuane
    Duuane Posts: 65
    Bought the Permatex Ultra Copper.....worked great, and worth the piece of mind.

Franklinville, Western NY
  • Thanks to all that replied. If I have learned anything here it's that RRP always has the best advice on gaskets. Quick trip to Lowes and I'm ready.
    Large BGE x2  Now we're cookin' in Dothan Al.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Thanks for the compliment. I hope you know that the Permatex needs 24 hours to cure and adding heat will not speed that curing along.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.