Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled Pork, Beef Ribs, Potatoes, and more!

Options
Today was busy day of grilling. I was in the kitchen for a solid 12 hours today, and I'm not completely cleaned up yet. It was worth it though. 

Used all four eggs today. Large oval Primo(pork butts), Large Round Primo (Beef Ribs, potatoes and cobbler), Mini Max (green beans) and Mini(seared the sv beef ribs). The temp  was -13 when I lit the first grill this morning at 4:30 and up to 6 about the time we ate. Its -10 now..... Neighbors probably think I'm nuts!!

The potatoes, green beans and apple cobbler were all taken from Malcolm Reed's YouTube channel, How to BBQ Right. I recommend all three. I have made several of recipes now and all have been very good. Pretty simple ingredients too, that's what I like the most about them.

Tomorrow is round 2 of my bacon making journey, I have 3 lbs of cured pork belly to smoke. Trying a different recipe from last time, the Micheal Ruhlman recipe.

Some pics:

Pulled pork for leftovers to be used during the week, to freeze, and to give to a couple friends.

Made some beef ribs as well. I picked up 4-5 bones worth, and split it and put one part in the sous vide on Thursday, and did the other one on the egg with peach and cherry wood. 

Going on

Coming off and going into the cooler.

I missed pics of the sous vide beef ribs. They were more tender, but the smoked ones had better flavor and bark.

Also on the eggs are parmesan potatoes:

Smoked Green Beans

And Apple Cobbler for desert. 

Thanks for looking!!

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Love those all day cooking marathons. Grub looks excellent, I'm sure your guests appreciated everything.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    Options
    Wow! Way to rock it!

Where did you find the beef ribs around here?
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Cashfan
    Cashfan Posts: 416
    Options
    DMW said:
    Love those all day cooking marathons. Grub looks excellent, I'm sure your guests appreciated everything.
    The guests left happy!!

Those all day marathons are a lot of fun but very tiring. Still have some cleaning to do this morning and wasn't very excited to go out and light the grill for bacon already....
  • Cashfan
    Options

WeberWho said:
    Wow! Way to rock it!

Where did you find the beef ribs around here?
    My local Faraway gets them in from time to time. They are really good about ordering stuff in if you want it. They have oxtails in right now as well, and the manager was telling me how good they were. I told him I'd have to take his word for it. I like trying new stuff, but no thanks.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Wow, nice lookin' spread.
    Always fun firing up multiple grills.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,171
    Options
    I typically don't cook outdoors a whole lot when it is really cold. Even in the middle of summer I don't turn out meals that ambitious or delicious looking. Great cook!
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Your marathon was a success!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • FlyOverCountry
    Options
    Wow that all looks really good!
  • Cashfan
    Options
    I typically don't cook outdoors a whole lot when it is really cold. Even in the middle of summer I don't turn out meals that ambitious or delicious looking. Great cook!
    Thanks! 

If I only cooked in good weather, I would only cook a few times a year!!

I was ambitious this time because I the guest I had doesn't mind being a guinea pig and trying new stuff. He also gives good feedback, and will speak up if something is off, or its no good; I value that, it has made me a better cook.

I usually only cook for myself, and keep it fairly simple. 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options
    Great cook.  I find that on cold days, the more grills you light, the better.  Then you can stand in the middle of them in a "zone of warmth" and tolerate the cold.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• SmokingPiney
    SmokingPiney Posts: 2,282
    Options
    Looks like a very well spent 12 hours. 

Terrific looking cooks...well done!  :) 
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • StillH2OEgger
    Options
    Looks awesome!
    Stillwater, MN
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Very nice brother.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Very nice brother.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Cashfan
    Options
    Thanks for all the compliments!!

Life is going to seriously slow down the cooks for the next few months, so I took advantage of the break in the action and made some food.

Smoked some bacon this morning. Turned out pretty good, think I will soak it longer next time, its a little salty.