Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Prosciutto, Pears, And Goat Cheese

I finally got cabin fever with everyone home from school and work today so tonight I braved the Tennessee ice and snow to light the Egg. 

Did some drunken goat cheese and Bosc pears wrapped in prosciutto. I had a few dates leftover from Christmas so I added them to the pile. 

Cooked on a cedar plank at 450. 

According to my wife’s Instagram account I got the impression she was mocking my grilling attire. (Southerners don’t do cold)

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

Comments

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,427
    I finally got cabin fever with everyone home from school and work today so tonight I braved the Tennessee ice and snow to light the Egg. 

Did some drunken goat cheese and Bosc pears wrapped in prosciutto. I had a few dates leftover from Christmas so I added them to the pile. 

Cooked on a cedar plank at 450. 

According to my wife’s Instagram account I got the impression she was mocking my grilling attire. (Southerners don’t do cold)

Looks like you have room for another one to the right!  I like your bell.  Nice cook too!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    edited January 2018
    Nicely done.  We're only 0.98 years away from getting to do the same

(now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • tml1230
    tml1230 Posts: 237
    Very nicely done! I hope that new baby is doing well and is staying warm.
    Sarasota Fl. and  Lake Toxaway N.C. (and Novembers on the island of Kauai) (and April in France.... Don't hate on me for that)
    BGE  medium and minimax
    HOW  BOUT THEM GATORS !
  • @kl8ton that’s where I was thinking about putting a Traeger.  :D

@20stone you sir are a visionary. And I like it!  I’ve gotta move to Texas. This state is too small for me. 

@tml1230 $hit he hasn’t left the house in weeks! His entire life has consisted of our house, grandparents, and probably 20 trips through the Chick-Fil-A drive thru! 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Nice looking spread!
    LBGE
    AL