Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Way off topic but I seek your wisdom. Vidalia update

Options
2»

Comments

• tml1230
    tml1230 Posts: 237
    Options
    Tebow sounds like a good choice. Now figure out how he can keep his nads.
    Gulfcoast .... I just shared your comment with my spouse....after both of us stopped howling, ....she gave me " the look"  and said u need to mind your own business. I retorted with the following... " yea...but...." And reminded her of 2 of your cooking recipes that she absolutely loved.

Beautiful. Enjoy him in all your haunts...even France! 
    Sami... My spouse is seriously considering cancelling the April trip to Paris...since we have this little bundle of joy coming in 2 weeks....
    do u know how much that decision to cancel the trip will freakin cost??? I was gunna argue vehemently against that option , and put my foot down and insist....and then say " hell NO"..
    any of u guys that have been married more than 20 years will know what I did next.

Sarasota Fl. and  Lake Toxaway N.C. (and Novembers on the island of Kauai) (and April in France.... Don't hate on me for that)
    BGE  medium and minimax
    HOW  BOUT THEM GATORS !
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    ??Yes dear??
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,085
    Options
    Snufolapagus
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Doggy McDogface
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I think it would be ok to cut off his nuts if you named him Tebow.
    Options
    Ozzy Pawsborne
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Calista Dogfart (that is my puppies name)
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Names:
    Sanford (stadium)
    Abraham Baldwin (or anything you make of it, founder wrote the charter of and for UGA
    Herty  (started the first football team and made the original UGA football field
    Arch (perhaps the most iconic symbol of the UGA campus)
    Oconee (the nature preserve south of the campus established and protected in 1982)

Naming that newest member of your family Dabo, Tebow or Gator would be as bad as naming it either Nick or Saban. No way, I could name a dog any of those names, and not feel shame for the damage I would inflected on that poor, innocent, beautiful, puppy. 

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,757
    Options
    if you lop them off you cant studd him out for that free dog down the road ;)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    YukonRon said:

Naming that newest member of your family Dabo, Tebow or Gator would be as bad as naming it either Nick or Saban. No way, I could name a dog any of those names, and not feel shame for the damage I would inflected on that poor, innocent, beautiful, puppy. 

I've been very confused by those tactics as well.

I still like Chubb......or how about Trippi (trip for short) for Charlie Trippi.
    Or Lewis - could go both ways for Lewis Grizzard or Meriwether Lewis who lived in a settlement camp on the Broad River in Oglethorpe County (outside Athens) as a boy.

Good luck with it.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,180
    Options
    Buzz is the best name  ;)
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Chubb is the coolest I heard on here so far.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • GoldenQ
    GoldenQ Posts: 566
    Options
    All GREAT BULLDOGS are named Bully after the Miss State U mascot
    I XL  and 1 Weber Kettle  And 1 Weber Q220       Outside Alvin, TX-- South of Houston
  • tml1230
    tml1230 Posts: 237
    Options
    GoldenQ, u raise an interesting point , I am not sure  if UGA  would agree , but certainly  worth considering....

at this point in time , of course , nothing in final till we pick him up.....

And since he surely will have to be neutered at some point ....per my wife's insistence...
    I am currently liking the name   "nolaegghead"  since he has obviously been through the procedure and ....just to continue the tradition.

In the running .. Sanford...I wish I had though of that!  Much better than  "swamp...
    Chubb  is near the top of list but I  I ain't sure of the nuances that name  would create in this political  and social climate.
    And Ozzie pawsbone?.. That just funny, I don't care who u are!
    please remember folks, it is Friday night.
    Sarasota Fl. and  Lake Toxaway N.C. (and Novembers on the island of Kauai) (and April in France.... Don't hate on me for that)
    BGE  medium and minimax
    HOW  BOUT THEM GATORS !
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Breeders these days are requiring a snipping of the under carriage unless you pay to keep 'em.

That's just not nice.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • CanadianAnvil
    Options
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,297
    Options
    Jingles sans bells.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Serious name this time:

Dozer
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    edited January 2018
    Options
    So when you do emasculate your pup, you should have the vet install a set of these so that he can retain some measure of dignity.

https://www.neuticles.com/

Might want to think about a set for yourself, as your wife clearly runs the household. =)=)=)

MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    CTMike said:
    So when you do emasculate your pup, you should have the vet install a set of these so that he can retain some measure of dignity.

Might want to think about a set for yourself, as your wife clearly runs the household. =)=)=)

Let the man who runs his house cast the first stone.
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    CTMike said:

Let the man who runs his house cast the first stone.
    I'm the first to admit that I wear the pants in my house, after my wife picks them out for me.
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT.