Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Food Lockers......curious of your thoughts from those who have used them....

Options
northGAcock
northGAcock Posts: 15,164
edited January 2018 in Off Topic
So for those who may be reading and have not experienced the food locker pickup, it is generally tied to pre-ordering food / beverage and having it available for pick up at a locker. Think concert venue or sports event....but certainly has other applications. This is relatively new concept to mass appeal.....but gaining momentum. Interested from a consumer perspective any experiences (good or bad) that you might have encountered. The link will take you to a provider for a visual reference.

https://www.apexsupplychain.com/markets/foodservice/stadiums-arenas/

https://www.apexsupplychain.com/markets/foodservice/
Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
Run me out in the cold rain and snow

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Excuse my stupidity on this topic, but is it anything like what Kroger offers? I mean their program is online ordering and either self-pickup, or they will even deliver all your groceries. Somebody must be using it as I frequently see Kroger employees pushing a cart with multiple compartments with lists in hand filling orders. Today I saw 3 such carts in action. 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    I brought home pizza from the local pizza joint the other day. Does that count?  =)
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Foot Locker is a retail shoe store.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • northGAcock
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    I brought home pizza from the local pizza joint the other day. Does that count?  =)
    Obviously this hasn’t hit Aiken yet. 

• northGAcock
    Options

RRP said:
    Excuse my stupidity on this topic, but is it anything like what Kroger offers? I mean their program is online ordering and either self-pickup, or they will even deliver all your groceries. Somebody must be using it as I frequently see Kroger employees pushing a cart with multiple compartments with lists in hand filling orders. Today I saw 3 such carts in action. 
    Ron....a bit different. Think sitting in you seats at a football game. All of a sudden you have a hankering for a foot long and a ice cold beer.  You pull out your trusty iPhone and access your hometown stadium app. You order up and pay for said foot long and $20 beer. Instead of trotting your butt down to the concession stand you walk up to a locker (number and access code provided when payment is confirmed)....punch in your code, take your food and head back to your seat without standing in line....or having to say anything to anyone. Make sense?

• northGAcock
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Obviously hadn’t hit Dawsonville either. 

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Can you order a 1905 Salad?

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • northGAcock
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    Can you order a 1905 Salad?
    No lockers at the Columbia. 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Actually it has. Panera has a version of it. We order online and it’s ready for pickup in the “locker style” setup. I think Publix does something similar with their subs and hot food. 
  • northGAcock
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Actually it has. Panera has a version of it. We order online and it’s ready for pickup in the “locker style” setup. I think Publix does something similar with their subs and hot food. 
    The lockers are temperature controlled. Does Panerra? 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    The lockers are temperature controlled. Does Panerra? 
    It’s not that advanced. It is rural Georgia...
  • RRP
    Options

to a locker (number and access code provided when payment is confirmed).s...punch in your code, take your food and head back to your seat without standing in line....or having to say anything to anyone. Make sense?
    I was with you up until you said this...punch in your code, take your food and head back to your seat without standing in line....or having to say anything to anyone 

To my way of thinking if this service was so popular then you would still need to wait in line - and if not needing to stand in line then that means NO volume...hence no traffic. If I'm missing something please tell me!
  • RRP
    Options

I agree - Since my wife has had an aversion to eggs then our Sunday brunch has been Panera's "Rapid Pick Up" for every Sunday since March, 2016. I place our order for every Sunday - same time for the full month ahead. My only complaint is sometimes some idiots with their rug rats park in the 4 spaces clearly marked with 5 foot tall signs saying RESERVED FOR RAPID PICKUP CUSTOMERS ONLY.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    Options
    So much wrong with this country.  Damn kids.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    My concept of food locker is entirely different as it relates to backpacking or site camping. My food lockers are locked coolers, bins or canisters specifically designed to diminish the odds of animals getting your food stores.
    Concerts, games, etc., having service to your seats is incredible. We went to an Astros home game and had service such as what @northGAcock described. It was glorious. We also did a Giants home game, and I will have to say, of all the stadiums and the food offered within, San Francisco is hard to beat. It was worth standing in line for.

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky