Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Way off topic but I seek your wisdom. Vidalia update

Ok , if u love The university of Georgia, u get 2 votes ...al others get one vote ...including my brothers and sisters from the university of Florida.
Next.... Thanks to all of you for your input on naming the next member or our family. It is and will be certainly an English bulldog, ...who thanks to your input will be named " Vidalia " .... For those of u who inquired about us getting a male....his name would have been "spud"...
We are down to these  two who, not born and raised anywhere near Athens Georgia, are UGA worthy....what say ye?..
Sarasota Fl. and  Lake Toxaway N.C. (and Novembers on the island of Kauai) (and April in France.... Don't hate on me for that)
BGE  medium and minimax
HOW  BOUT THEM GATORS !

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    Both
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • tml1230
    tml1230 Posts: 237
    Ozzie, I have great respect for your opionions...and some of your opinions have already cost me money!... But ... No freakin way can I do both!
    Sarasota Fl. and  Lake Toxaway N.C. (and Novembers on the island of Kauai) (and April in France.... Don't hate on me for that)
    BGE  medium and minimax
    HOW  BOUT THEM GATORS !
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    The brown eared one.
  • It looks like the one on the right made the mess and the one on the left is cleaning it up. I vote for the one on the left. Both look like beautiful Dawgs. Any chance you have a full face picture? 
    Snellville, GA

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I think the unit with the large color abnormality on his face strikes me as being a sweet onion of a dog.  If the question is - which of the two, which I sussed out of your post.

That said, go with your gut. 

And not to scare you because I'm sure this is an outlier, but back in the early 90s when I was a young lad eager to build a life in New Orleans, my lab mate was somewhat of a unstable genius, here in NOLA being the faithful husband of a resident OBGYN working at Charity Hospital.  (the stories I *could* tell). 

He had a couple of those dogs, name escapes me for the moment, I'm sure I'll remember later when the bourbon kicks in.

One of the dogs, looked like Spuds (don't they all with the eye spot?) and didn't shine brightly in most of the proud attributes dogs are known for, he decided one day that his front paw was some furry, evil tormenting, foreign entity.  (there's a real human condition like this where....)

So he started off by barking at it.  This went on for some weeks.  Next he would nip at it.  The nipping escalated into biting and he was self-mutilating.  My buddy Ray tried everything.  Louisiana hot sauces, wrapping in Ace bandage, you name it.

Nothing worked and over a period of months, infection set in, treated, reoccurred, etc.  A cycle with no encouraging outcome. 

Rather than put the dog down, the vet (I guess) suggested they amputate, which was medically necessary at this point anyway. A

So they did.

And they had a tripod.

The bliss lasted a month or two and the evil somehow transferred to the other front paw.

Sorry folks, there's no good ending to this story. 
    ok if TL;DR ;)
    Did I mention, I love u guys!
    BGE  medium and minimax
    HOW  BOUT THEM GATORS !
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • tml1230
    Ok, my last comment of the night, Since we have a 3 hour drive tomorrow to look At the pups.     Go figure....UGA quality pups in Florida?
    my son .ast evening asked me why....after nurturing and raising 3 English bulldog males over the years previously,why  did I want a female?
    I didn't have a good answer....well I did.... I just didn't feel comfortable sharing my reason with him.
    with each of the males, it didn't take long for my wife...with EACH one of them...to tell me , usually while we would be walking behind them....that I needed to get them "fixed" ... U know ..get their "package" removed.... I just don't want to go through that again.
    Nuff said

BGE  medium and minimax
    HOW  BOUT THEM GATORS !
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    edited January 2018
    If you are only getting one, I vote for one with the spot on her face.  She looks bigger too.

Also, play with both of them.  Chances are one will jump out at you.  Personality in your dog is huge.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Gulfcoastguy
    With an unfixed female you will end up having to put rubber panties on her twice a year.
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,894
    And walks are going to get interesting during those times.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    First of all, fire the photographer.  The pics could be better. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    They both look awesome.  Can't lose with either.
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    I'd sit on the floor with both for a while and see how they interact with you.  That may give you a better feel for which one is yours.  Kinda let the dogs decide.  I'm quite sure one will "speak" to you in a way you'll understand (not literally  :) )
    My brother had one named "Newman".  Dumbest dog on the face of the earth......but cute.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,674
    ive always let the breeder decide and have never looked at the other pups. as for fixing, if it aint broke theres nothing to fix =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    both are adorable but having to choose...the one on the right with the brown spot
  • tml1230
    Thanks to all of you for your wisdom and counsel.
    today we drove 3 hours over to the ft. Lauderdale area ( every trip there reminds me of how much I love living on the WEST coast of Florida).
    we fully anticipated leaving the deposit on the female named Vidalia ( our name , not the breeders).
    However....taking the great advice of posters here, we kept a our minds open and let the pups pick us.....   Vidalia was awesome. Beyond awesome....As we expected...but this male bullie reached into our hearts and yanked our hearts out. If we had the resources ( money) we would have brought both of them into the family.
    i knew we made the right call when this one, after I picked him up, passed wind....
    we are now considering names.. 3 names  stand out as contenders........
    Dabo, Spud, Tebow and Gator.... Yea , I know that is 4 names, but since I was slammed by  a  FSU poster previously, I am working on nuance.

BGE  medium and minimax
    HOW  BOUT THEM GATORS !
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,127
    I like the name Meaty 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    How about Chubb 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    He is awesome congrats.  He kinda reminds me of those old cabbage patch dolls.  I think I'd call him 'Patch'.
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • nolaegghead
    I like the name Meaty 
    top google hit!
    What a beautiful and studly pup.  My son loves bullies and would go crazy for that one. U did the right thing w your pick!
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,894
    Beautiful. Enjoy him in all your haunts...even France! 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    Looks like a Mosley.

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • thetrim
    You could call him Tua
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Tebow sounds like a good choice. Now figure out how he can keep his nads.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,127
    I like the name Meaty 
    top google hit!
    Really? That was the white bulldog from Rob and Big. He was a pretty cool dog. 
  • nolaegghead
    I like the name Meaty 
    top google hit!
    Really? That was the white bulldog from Rob and Big. He was a pretty cool dog. 
    That explains it!