Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brunswick Stew Pictorial

King-O-Coals
King-O-Coals Posts: 510
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
BRUNSWICKMEATS.JPG
<p />This is a platter of the meats contained in the stew. Consists of smoked butt, grilled chicken thighs & breasts, and grilled beef. Follow the thread for the rest of the pics.

Comments

• BRNSWKCONTENTS.JPG
    <p />These are the other ingredients.

• BRNSWKONIONS.JPG
    <p />Saute the onions

• BRNSWKSTART.JPG
    <p />Adding all of the ingredients and starting to cook.

• BRNSWKCOOK.JPG
    <p />After 2 hours,, smelling great.

• BRUNSWICKAFTER.JPG
    <p />This is what was left after feeding 5 hungry adults and 2 kids. It was slightly moist when starting to cook and got a little wetter. As cooking time approached 3 hours, it thickened some. It was great, and very filling. It contained all my favorite food groups. The flavor had a slight BBQ hint, although no BBQ sauce was used. The smoke flavor from cooking on the egg without a lid on the Dutch oven caused the tomatoes to take on the flavor of BBQ sauce. Very good cold weather dish. If we'd had this at Gettysburg, the troops would probably still be napping.. Thanks djm5x9

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    King-O-Coals:[p]Nice expanded metal grate in upper left of picture. Is it stainless steel? Handy for fish, shrimp, and oysters? Custom made?

• djm5x9, you are correct-sir. Yes it's stainless. Everything down here on the Gulf has to be stainless, or it leaves in a hurry.

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    King-O-Coals:[p]You are most welcome. Glad you enjoyed . . .

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    King-O-Coals, Ya all box up those left over's and Monday after the Rams take home the Sunday Trophy you can ship it to me..Request my address via e.mail..heeeee...Nice photos and well done. BTW..where did you find tomato's that resemble tomato's?? These pink imitations we have here are all hydroponic wimps...:-)[p]C~W

• Grumpa
    Grumpa Posts: 861
    Char-Woody,[p]The reason you aren't getting the red ones is because you are asking for "Tomato's". Next time you go to the store ask for some 'maters and they will bring you some out of the stock room. Those are the ones grown in the deep south and get ripe on the vine :~)
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Bob,
    You are right on the money,i went to the Winn Dixie last night and got some bright red maters for the salad my wife was making to go with the steaks,when i told the stock boy i was from Georgia,he went straight to the stock room and came back with the red ones.We lucked out and missed the ice this morning,but not by much.
    YB

• Char-Woody, my little wifey found them somewhere. They are pretty and must be vine ripened by their taste. I was so full at the time I posted the pics, I couldn't stand to look at them. This morning is a different story. I'm doing re-runs for dinner. This is the type of dish that men always go back for a second and third bowl, but an hour after that last one, you'll be miserably full. This stuff is one of them highly satisfying meals. All of the meat except a few choice hunks of butt (which I sliced thick across the grain) was ground in my food processor. I tried to process it just enough to break it up in small pieces, but not to the pulverized stage. Every bite is nearly 100% meat. Cooking pot dishes with the lid off on the egg is the way to go. Can't wait for the chili..

• Bob, yes, there is definately a difference. By the way Bob. Thank your wife for me. After raveing about your wife's emergency shopping trip before the ice storm, my little angel came home with several bags of goodies for me. She bought all my favorite food groups. Pork, beef, chicken, vodka, and grapefruit juice. I'm set for whatever comes..

• Grumpa
    Grumpa Posts: 861
    YB,[p]Recon we can ever get C~W southernized? [p]We got a good amount of ice on the trees and some freezing on overpasses but overall, looks better than last week.