Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Nest Wings

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've had it a couple of years and the wood on the wings is fading real bad. It has been kept under our covered deck for the MOST part. Is there something out there (i.e., wood treatment) to make them "pretty" (as my wife said) again? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    Frank in LR,[p]I'd reccomend Penefin.[p]It works well with porous woods.[p]Even in our climate...it holds up real well.[p]Evans
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • JimboBQ
    JimboBQ Posts: 197
    Options
    Evans,
    What is Penefin? Is it like a varnish? Looking forward to seeing you Saturday at the 'fest.[p]Jimbo

Spartanburg, SC - 1 Large, 1 Small, 1 MiniMax and a Mini. I may have a problem...
  • FSUScotsman
    Options
    JimboBQ,[p]It's not Penefin, it's PenOfin.[p]

[ul][li]Penofin[/ul]
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Frank in LR,
    another solution so you'll never have to fret with that wood again is to buy two scrap pieces of kitchen counter material like Corian and just replace the crappy wood. True, it's a little more effort, but it's a lasting solution.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    FSUScotsman[p]Yes...that's the Stuff!![p]Evans[p]
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • icemncmth
    icemncmth Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Frank in LR,[p]You could always hit it with a little sandpaper and then rub on some tongue oil...[p]I coated my egg table with tongue oil at the beginning of the summer and I just put some more on and it still looks like new...[p]And we had a lot of 104+ days in Oklahoma ....[p]