Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lewis Grizzard's pick for the college football championship on Monday.

I have not before ever created 2 posts in the same 24 hour period. ( for u FSU graduates that's  within the same day)...but given the epic game about to unfold on Monday....I feel it is within my perogitive.....
if any of the readers of this post don't recognize the name, Lewis Grizzard....then that's your loss. Please U tube his name and. Prepare to laugh your Kiester (sp) off.
  A True gentleman , and truly  gifted author and humorist from Georgia ... He was someone special. Even as a diehard Gator, he made me love UGA....Go Dawgs!

Sarasota Fl. and  Lake Toxaway N.C. (and Novembers on the island of Kauai) (and April in France.... Don't hate on me for that)
BGE  medium and minimax
HOW  BOUT THEM GATORS !

Comments

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,894
    That dog will bite you!
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • tml1230
    tml1230 Posts: 237
    SamIAm2 said:
    That dog will bite you!
    Perhaps my all time favorite line... 
    Sarasota Fl. and  Lake Toxaway N.C. (and Novembers on the island of Kauai) (and April in France.... Don't hate on me for that)
    BGE  medium and minimax
    HOW  BOUT THEM GATORS !
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,168
    I probably have three or four more around here somewhere, but these are the ones I could put my hands on right now.

• tml1230
    Epcot, a person with any sense of humor could read the books you captioned above,  once a year and still laugh out loud every year. Even  someone from California...or Chicago ...( before I am slammed- I was born ...I am told... In Chicago, or at least northern Illinois )    
    BGE  medium and minimax
    HOW  BOUT THEM GATORS !
  • epcotisbest
    tml1230 said:
    Epcot, a person with any sense of humor could read the books you captioned above,  once a year and still laugh out loud every year. Even  someone from California...or Chicago ...( before I am slammed- I was born ...I am told... In Chicago, or at least northern Illinois )    
    Yep, he was laugh out loud funny. 
  • What a legend. I remember when he wrote for the Atlanta journal. Southern language was one of my favorites by him. 
    Snellville, GA

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Go dawgs. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,894
    edited January 2018
    Atlanta Journal-Constitution? Sorry, one of them slow Yankees Lewis talked about. Forgot that nuance thing. Carry on.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Its a trick.....there's two of 'em.

I truly miss Lewis and just told my wife, a couple days ago, that I'd love to hear what he would have to say about it. "Elvis is dead and I don't feel so good myself" was my favorite book of his. 

Thanks for making me smile!  

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Lewis was a friend of my Mom. Dude was hilarious. 
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Its funny when someone makes fun of another university and messes up spelling in their own post. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• epcotisbest
    @tml1230 we went to Highlands today. Following the cold spell we wanted to see what Bridal Veil and Dry Falls looked like. Beautiful with all the ice!
  • tml1230
    @tml1230 we went to Highlands today. Following the cold spell we wanted to see what Bridal Veil and Dry Falls looked like. Beautiful with all the ice!
    Epcot, down here in Florida trying hard not to screw up beef and poultry products on the mini max. Just about thawed out!... If u get a chance , feel free to stop by our home in toxaway and split the rest of the wood we left frozen (along with our fingers) in the driveway! All the best to u and family and stay warm up there! We love your posts !
    BGE  medium and minimax
    HOW  BOUT THEM GATORS !