Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - My wife approved of tonight's presentation. I did not tell her how easy it was.

Options
So it is still too cold for me to grill, so I threw together something easy that looked really good. She complimented the presentation and flavor and wondered about how much time I spent in the kitchen. The truth...not much. Thawed some frozen breaded chicken cutlets, topped it with diced canned tomatoes, canned artichoke and capers, drizzled it heavily with olive oil and baked it. Made some rice and roasted some broccoli that was sprinkled with some spices and drizzled with olive oil. This tasted really good. Higher carbs than I wanted because of the rice, and I used canned stuff, but it turned out OK.

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,045
    Options
    Looking good, I think egging makes a person a better all around cook, regardless of the tool.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • scdaf
    scdaf Posts: 176
    Options
    Dish looks good, but what, exactly is this "too cold for me to grill"?  My grill/BBQ season runs from January 1st to December 31st and we have 4-5 months of Winter where I live.
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,171
    Options
    Looking good, I think egging makes a person a better all around cook, regardless of the tool.
    Yes, I agree. Before I started egging, I did not really care a whole lot about being creative, much less things like presentation on the plate, or in this case, in the serving bowl.
  • epcotisbest
    edited January 2018
    Options

scdaf said:
    Dish looks good, but what, exactly is this "too cold for me to grill"?  My grill/BBQ season runs from January 1st to December 31st and we have 4-5 months of Winter where I live.
    At my advancing age, I don't tolerate the cold like I used to. My criteria for outdoor cooking is it has to be good and it has to be fun. In the cold and wind, for me, is not fun. Take out the fun part and I can do good in the comfort of the warm kitchen. Then, post it in off topic because I wanted to stay warm.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options

scdaf said:
    Dish looks good, but what, exactly is this "too cold for me to grill"?  My grill/BBQ season runs from January 1st to December 31st and we have 4-5 months of Winter where I live

.....post it in off topic because I wanted to stay warm.
    Brilliant
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • epcotisbest
    Options

scdaf said:
    Dish looks good, but what, exactly is this "too cold for me to grill"?  My grill/BBQ season runs from January 1st to December 31st and we have 4-5 months of Winter where I live

.....post it in off topic because I wanted to stay warm.
    Brilliant
    Thank you.
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,727
    Options

scdaf said:
    At my advancing age, I don't tolerate the cold like I used to. My criteria for outdoor cooking is it has to be good and it has to be fun. In the cold and wind, for me, is not fun. Take out the fun part and I can do good in the comfort of the warm kitchen. Then, post it in off topic because I wanted to stay warm.
    This is how I feel about cooking when it's cold. If it's too cold for me to enjoy the cook outside, I make my meal indoors. That's a mighty fine meal you have there!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• epcotisbest
    Options

scdaf said:
    This is how I feel about cooking when it's cold. If it's too cold for me to enjoy the cook outside, I make my meal indoors. That's a mighty fine meal you have there!
    My wife asked me if I was grilling today. I pointed at the thermometer that was sitting on 24 degrees and said, "Not until that is at least double." Guess I am just not dedicated enough.
  • BikerBob
    BikerBob Posts: 284
    Options
    Epcotisbest, it may have gotten there today, but there is still snow on the shop roof and on the ground here in south Georgia. It was cook the butt or eat peanut butter so guess what...
    Cooking on the coast
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    It’s up to 11 here. It was awesome not to need a coat to grill tonight. 
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle