Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pecan smoked chicken and 4 cheese and mac casserole, with home-made onion rings

Options
2»

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Looks awesome. Was thinking that would go well with a Pedernales GSM
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Saving that one for some pork chops I have coming up.......try Becker, that is as good as any wine I have had anywhere. The GSM is awesome with roasted/grilled pork.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Saving that one for some pork chops I have coming up.......try Becker, that is as good as any wine I have had anywhere. The GSM is awesome with roasted/grilled pork.
    We go to Becker quite a bit but we like the Pedernales and Fall Creek Wines a little better. Becker has an awesome winery though. Fun way to spend an afternoon. All of them are 30-60 min from my front door. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    And the Becker is half the price of those
    other 2. We drink it way more just because it’s so good and the price is so much better. 
  • YukonRon
    Options
    We liked Becker, and their variety. Overall, their selection, price and quality is very hard to beat.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    We liked Becker, and their variety. Overall, their selection, price and quality is very hard to beat.
    Agree. We drink more of their Tempranillo than any other  TX wine. $14 at the grocery store 3 min from my house. We love it. 
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Texas Tempranillo is as good as any I have had on earth.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    As @SGH might say, “Those are big words you’re throwing around.” I had to look up Tempranillo. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Texas Tempranillo is as good as any I have had on earth.
    As soon as all these guys stopped trying to grow Cab and Chardonnay and planted Rhône and Italian varietals, it was a total game changer. We have the perfect climate for tempranillo, Grenache, Mourvèdre and a lot of good Italian variatals too. Moscato also grows well here but I hate it. 
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Grenache is the big one. Perhaps the most versatile, and underappreciated varietal grown.
    Very pleased with our purchases, and will buy more next time we come down.
    Not much of a fan for Moscato, but, if you freeze it to a slush consistency, and use lemon sorbet, it is a very nice hot weather treat.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Glad you enjoyed your trip down. There are some dogs out there so was hoping you guys found some good spots. Lot of good ones too though!
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Glad you enjoyed your trip down. There are some dogs out there so was hoping you guys found some good spots. Lot of good ones too though!
    There was a great burger place we visited, a hole in the wall, we were told about while at Pedernales, we went there, it was phenomenal.
    We had a great time, loved that area.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    There was a great burger place we visited, a hole in the wall, we were told about while at Pedernales, we went there, it was phenomenal.
    We had a great time, loved that area.
    Angel's?
  • YukonRon
    Options
    I cant remember, but I have it written down, I will find it.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @YukonRon @The Cen-Tex Smoker I tried the Becker tonight. My wife and I enjoyed it. It was $9 and change in Abilene. I like it when y’all share your wine (and cooking) knowledge. 

Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • YukonRon
    Options
    @SciAggie
    I have learned so much from you and @The Cen-Tex Smoker that I am obligated to share my experience and my drinking skills...
    That Burger Place was The Alamo Springs Cafe. It looked more like the Alamo after the battle, than a cafe, for dang sure.
    Great place, people never get there by accident.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    @SciAggie
    I have learned so much from you and @The Cen-Tex Smoker that I am obligated to share my experience and my drinking skills...
    That Burger Place was The Alamo Springs Cafe. It looked more like the Alamo after the battle, than a cafe, for dang sure.
    I’ll have to check that out. That’s a new one for me. Thanks!
  • YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    @SciAggie
    I’ll have to check that out. That’s a new one for me. Thanks!
    Close to the old tunnel at Bat Tunnel Park, where all the bats habitats. Once you get there look for the shat hole. That would be the cafe.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,727
    Options
    Awesome meal!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• YukonRon
    Options
    Awesome meal!
    Thank you for the kind words. Very easy meal to make.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky