Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turkey Soup Recipes

Options
Have some turkey left over from a smoked turkey last weekend - want to make a soup with it.  there are a ton of recipes out there but any suggestions on here?  wanted to put in some peas and other veggies, and make it a hearty soup.

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I have a great, turkey, Kale, and wild rice soup I make.  It's with ground turkey, but it is great w/ a mix of ground turkey and turkey leftovers when I have some.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/turkey-kale-and-brown-rice-soup-recipe-2041444

I based it off this, because, well, Giada.  I sub'd wild rice for the brown rice.  Wild rice takes a long time to cook, but dang it's good.

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    Turkey Chile Verde
    1 pint of turkey meat
    1 pint of turkey or chicken stock
    a 1 pint jar of salsa verde
    1 onion diced
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    1 can of navy beans drained
    1 can of garbanzo beans drained
    brown the onion in a dutch oven using the olive oil. Then add all of the other ingredients. Heat for a while to let the flavors meld, say 30 minutes or more.