Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

So much for

Options
freedom of speech!
The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    ???
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    DMW said:
    ???
    His 25k thread was nuked.  He’s also confused.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Definitely not confused.  Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion and I respect such opinions.  Kinda like Guy, we all have a friend like that in our group.  Happy Friday folks!
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options
    Moderation is a beautiful thing ;)
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Definitely not confused.  Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion and I respect such opinions.  Kinda like Guy, we all have a friend like that in our group.  Happy Friday folks!
    It’s just not a free speech issue.  Happy Friday indeed!
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    It’s really too bad the thread was nuked, seeing as how it had fully entered into the “I know you are but what am I?” phase of the sick burns.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Well, it was Friday eve.  Given it is the first Friday of 2018 how will it play??
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • RajunCajun
    edited January 2018
    Options
    It’s just not a free speech issue.  Happy Friday indeed!

• RajunCajun
    edited January 2018
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina ,Two thumbs up!
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    This cooking forums not quite what the first amendment was created to protect. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited January 2018
    Options
    It was the infinite power, of the glowing golden unicorn hua hua, that brought it down.  I wouldn't tug on his T-bone.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• RajunCajun
    Options
    @Focker , man, that's funny!

Ain't America a great place to live? (am I allowed to say that?)

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    The irony of this thread is that the current US President is actively working to try and stop the publication of a book.
  • Dobie
    Options
    The irony of this thread is that the current US President is actively working to try and stop the publication of a book.
    Wow first guy to ever try that....
    Jacksonville FL
  • vcool
    vcool Posts: 26
    Options
    Dobie said:
    This cooking forums not quite what the first amendment was created to protect. 
    It's a disservice to your founding fathers to say they didn't envision the Internet, and Big Green Eggs, and talking about Big Green Egg cooking on the Internet, and the ensuing divisive political debate that this logically entails.
    Ottawa Canada, Cigars, Hunting, Fishing and Egging
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,529
    Options
    Ahem....

Whats the best charcoal to use...

How long do I cook a brisket...

just shiftin' gears

Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Dobie said:
    I think he is, actually.  Do you remember another instance where a President’s lawyer sent a cease and desist letter to a book publisher?  
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Dobie said:
    I think he is, actually.  Do you remember another instance where a President’s lawyer sent a cease and desist letter to a book publisher?  
    First president to try banning a book.  Plenty of school boards, librarians, church groups have banned books.  But to try to stop it at the publication level is rare. 

This is antithetical to who we are as a nation. 
    Options
    Dobie said:
    Doesn’t matter, he’s using the legal system not sending special ops to snuff people out about it. If the law denies the request so be it. We have a system and it’s not perfect but it’s going to decide this issue. Like we know half the **** that really goes on in the White House anyways. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • Dobie
    Options

Jacksonville FL
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Dobie said:

• billt01
    edited January 2018
    Options
    whats comical is everyone complaining about the establishment which was directly created to cause in fighting..

don't like minimum wage..well, do something not to make minimum wage..

don't like the way the government is run...go find another place to live...cause despite what everyone thinks, no matter how loud you scream, it is not gonna change for you...

If you need to self validate your opinion to make you feel better and get a rise out of people who disagree with you...well that is "OK"too
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Dobie said:
    Dobie said:
    Doesn’t matter, he’s using the legal system not sending special ops to snuff people out about it. If the law denies the request so be it. We have a system and it’s not perfect but it’s going to decide this issue. Like we know half the **** that really goes on in the White House anyways. 
    So when you suggested he wasn’t the first guy to try this you were... just making stuff up?
  • billt01
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    billt01 said:

don't like the way the government is run...go find another place to live...cause despite what everyone thinks, no matter how loud you scream, it is not gonna change for you...

What are you talking about? 

Political tribalism being a different issue, Blindly accepting an authority is pretty anti-democratic and unamerican  If you don’t like it, Speak up.  With your voice and with your vote. 

And please scream.  Scream like hell.  Change what needs changing to ensure a government for the people, by the people and of the people. 

i disagree...

the pendulum swings left and the pendulum swings right...

when it is swinging right, the left screams and yells
    When it swings left, the right screams and yells

oh but to be the pendulum...now that is the ticket.. 

Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    What we’ve seen over the past year or so is just how much our system is held together not by rules so much as norms, and as a result just how easy it is for significant damage to be done.
  • billt01
    Options
    What we’ve seen over the past year or so is just how much our system is held together not by rules so much as norms, and as a result just how easy it is for significant damage to be done.
    be patient...it will swing back your way...
    Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Banning a book! Haha Funny John. 
    Like most things, it's his opening salvo.  Seems to be working OK, so far.
    But, if you try banning a book about a guy named Bannon, is it really banning?
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I wonder what really did it with the 25k thread.  that thing lasted longer than I expected.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Sherryjames
    Options
    By significant damage in the past year, you mean a low in unemployment in over a decade, an all time high Dow, significant decrease in taxes for the majority of Americans, a decrease of 40% in illegal immigration and an almost abolished ISIS?  

Like I’m curious if maybe you need professional help.