Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

It just takes time and gentle heat

Options
SciAggie
SciAggie Posts: 6,481
edited January 2018 in EggHead Forum
I’m still enjoying a few days of vacation. I spent all day “cooking” while my wife went out of town. This “cooking” was mostly checking to see that things were simmering gently and drinking a few adult beverages. 
Arm roast was on sale so I decided to make chile colorado. I seared the roasts on the MM first. Then I cubed the meat into 1 1/2” to 2” chunks. This was dumped into a cazuela and covered in some home made chile sauce I had in the freezer. This went on the large egg (indirect) at 275 degrees for about six hours - I just waited until they were tender. Same story for the pinto beans. They went into a large clay bean pot and spent the afternoon gently simmering away. 

Thanks for looking. 
Coleman, Texas
Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
"Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                      YukonRon

Comments