Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

This place CAN cost you money - But this was definitely worth it

Options
Recently in a discussion about Blackstone Griddles someone posted a link to a new cover accessory. I bought one and I really like the design and fit.

But while I was going through that process an additional option was also presented.  A stainless steel fix to the drip issues on the 36 inch.  At $15 this thing is really worth it and requires no tools or self engineering.

I am not trying to spend your money, just thought I would post this FYI.

Titusville, Fl. and just bought XL and Med BGE.  "Every Day is A Bonus" in my world, and my job is to choke the life out of them. Cancer Sucks.

Comments

• HoustonEgger
    Options
    Nice! I have one of the grease slides on order too - should be here Friday
    Formerly of Houston, TX - Now Located in Bastrop, TX
    I work in the 'que business now (since 2017)

6 Eggs: (1) XL, (2) Large, (1) Small, (1) Minimax & (1) Mini - Egging since 2007
    Also recently gained: (1) Gas Thing (came with the house), (1) 36" Blackstone Griddle & (1) Pitts & Spitts Pellet Smoker
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    Options
    That cover is nice and manly!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • mwatts
    mwatts Posts: 122
    Options
    Where would I find the drip fix?
    Extra Large, Large, DigiQII, Thermapen, Adjustable Rig
  • CtTOPGUN
    CtTOPGUN Posts: 612
    Options
     I ordered the grease catch fix earlier today. I put the cover in my future wish list. No need for it up here in the North East until better weather arrives. Is that al. cover sturdy enough to use a cutting board on?

LBGE/Weber Kettle/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Turkey Fryer/Induction Burner/Royal Gourmet 24" Griddle/Cuisinart Twin Oaks/Pit Boss Tabletop pellet smoker/Instant Pot

BBQ from the State of Connecticut!

Jim
  • Hub
    Hub Posts: 927
    Options
    You only think this place costs you money.  Try joining the discussion board for Rolex watches.  :o
    Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia
  • Sonny3
    Sonny3 Posts: 455
    Options
    mwatts said:

Amazon:

Grease Slide Griddle Mod for Blackstone Griddle (Fits 36 inch Blackstone Griddle)

Sorry I couldn't figure out how to past the link here.

Titusville, Fl. and just bought XL and Med BGE.  "Every Day is A Bonus" in my world, and my job is to choke the life out of them. Cancer Sucks.
  • HoustonEgger
    Options
    Sonny3 said:
    mwatts said:

Amazon:

Grease Slide Griddle Mod for Blackstone Griddle (Fits 36 inch Blackstone Griddle)

Sorry I couldn't figure out how to past the link here.

https://www.amazon.com/Grease-Slide-Griddle-Blackstone-Fits/dp/B073T3H63J/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1514566050&sr=8-1&keywords=Grease+Slide+Griddle+Mod+for+Blackstone+Griddle 
    Formerly of Houston, TX - Now Located in Bastrop, TX
    I work in the 'que business now (since 2017)

6 Eggs: (1) XL, (2) Large, (1) Small, (1) Minimax & (1) Mini - Egging since 2007
    Also recently gained: (1) Gas Thing (came with the house), (1) 36" Blackstone Griddle & (1) Pitts & Spitts Pellet Smoker
  • Smokin_Good
    Options
    @Sonny3 does the cover fit all the way over the griddle? I ordered the stainless version and it doesn’t cover the whole thing. It rests on the grease trap at the front. 
    XL BGE, Medium BGE, 36" Blackstone, UDS, Red Weber Kettle & LSG Large IVS
    Keller, TX
  • Jai-Bo
    Jai-Bo Posts: 584
    Options
    I saw that cover when I bought mine...never ordered it but still thinking about it.  My Blackstone cover is purty thick and the rubbery coating underneath makes it pretty firm and secure not to mention it is not in the elements so not sure ifin I'll ever get the hard cover...I might use it as storage then!!! hahaha
    Hunting-Fishing-Cookin' on my EGG! Nothing else compares!