Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smokeware Cap - Felt Question

greetings friends!

got a smokeware Cap for birthday. 

Doesn’t sticking the felt directly on the egg interfere with using the DFMT later, if you want? Can you still use both if you felt low? Does grease goop up the felt?

I’d felt inside the ring of the cap, but that makes it hard to clean, right?

thanks
happy New year

8-Damien

Large BGE and Medium BGE
36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

Comments

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    edited December 2017
    I used the felt directly on the egg- haven’t used the daisy wheel since but don’t think it would cause an issue. 

Hope you had a good birthday and Holiday. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    BGE puts a felt ring around the chimney now too.  Seals up the DFMT and rain cap nicely.  Works on the smokeware cap as well.

Originally I went the other way around, and put may gasket on the inside of the SW cap, DFMT, and on the inside top of the rain cap.  Works that way too.
  • I got a Smokeware Cap for Christmas. The existing felt on my Egg doesn't contact the cap. Maybe its compressed because of the Daisy Wheel being on it so much. Should I pull it off and install the new felt? Does you guys felt make contact. I dont want to use the Smokeware cap loose because I feel like it will mess up the finish on my Egg.
    Green Eggin' in South Carolina
    Go Gamecocks!!!
  • The old daisy wheel compressed that felt.  Scrape it off and apply new felt, and the Smokeware cap will then fit snug to new felt.  You can still pull it off easily and use old daisy wheel when you want!
  • Wolfpack said:
    I used the felt directly on the egg- haven’t used the daisy wheel since but don’t think it would cause an issue. 

Hope you had a good birthday and Holiday. 
    Thanks dude. :) see you soon happy new year!

ill give the cap a try this weekend with Felt on the egg. Thanks for the advice. 
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• camofreak
    camofreak Posts: 161
    I did replace the felt. Now it fits like a glove. Cooking pork chops today. Happy New Year everybody...
    Green Eggin' in South Carolina
    Go Gamecocks!!!