Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Disassemble and Reassemble

So I have to take the XL apart to move it where I want to put it, and my plan was to release the tension from the lower band and slid the lid off with the entire band assembly attached to it. Seems like a good idea, but sometimes something that easy is too good to be true. So I figured I’d bounce this off of all of you  eggsperts before committing to the move and saving myself a whole lot of grief learning the hard way.  

So so in short, does anyone see this as a mistake, or solid plan? 

P.S. the reason I picked the bottom band was because my egg has an underbite and I believe it’s because of where the bottom band is lined up. So since I’m going to adjust that one anyway, I figured why not just do the one.

And I also learned that I can not use a torque socket wrench on the XL, because the hinge assembly is clearly in the way. So I will just have to use the ‘tighten up to 1/4 turn before breaking’ technique.

Thanks in advance!!

Comments