Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Blackstone 22" back in stock

I have really enjoyed mine. The 22" is a nice size. I had the 17" for a short time and it was to small for me.
If you are not needing a larger, free standing unit, give this a look. It also includes the adapter hose to use the larger tanks.
Blackstone 22 Portable Outdoor Gas Griddle
https://www.hsn.com/products/blackstone-portable-22-gas-griddle-with-adapter-hose/8414926
Thank you,
Darian

Galveston Texas

Comments

• If you sign up for there emails it will give you another 15% off, so $126 total.  Mine should be here tomorrow. You can cancel the emails anytime.

Medium BGE, Large KJ, 22 Backstone, vintage U.S. made Treager, 

Sioux Falls SD

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    If you sign up for there emails it will give you another 15% off, so $126 total.  Mine should be here tomorrow. You can cancel the emails anytime.
    I did the same with my initial order. Was a good deal IMO.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • i have the 17", 22", 36".  The 22" is my favorite.  If it was around when I bought the 17", it would have been my choice instead.
  • Photo Egg
    edited December 2017
    i have the 17", 22", 36".  The 22" is my favorite.  If it was around when I bought the 17", it would have been my choice instead.
    Bacon alone makes it worth buying...Over 2 pounds at a time.lol

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    i have the 17", 22", 36".  The 22" is my favorite.  If it was around when I bought the 17", it would have been my choice instead.
    Why haven't you added the 28" to your quiver? :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• HeavyG said:
    Why haven't you added the 28" to your quiver? :)
    haha, no kidding.  Seeing this sale has me seriously considering selling the 36" and grabbing another 22".
  • MattBTI
    MattBTI Posts: 417
    I've been eyeing the 17". I didn't realize blackstone made a 22" tabletop version. There isn't anything about it on the blackstone website that I can find. 
    Pratt, KS
  • Photo Egg
    MattBTI said:
    I've been eyeing the 17". I didn't realize blackstone made a 22" tabletop version. There isn't anything about it on the blackstone website that I can find. 
    Unfortunately it's only been sold through HSN. They sold out fairly quick last time.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • MattBTI
    MattBTI Posts: 417
    I see @Photo Egg are there noticeable differences in quality, being an HSN exclusive?
    Pratt, KS
  • Photo Egg
    MattBTI said:
    I see @Photo Egg are there noticeable differences in quality, being an HSN exclusive?
    Quality on my 22 is at least as good as my 17. I know the 36" has a thicker steel griddle than the 17. I don't know if the 36 and the 28 both have the thicker griddle. I did not compare thickness of 22 and 17 before i sold my 17. Maybe @cookingdude555 can help. All other materials and quality are the same.
    Main diff between 17, 22 and the larger sizes is the grease trap/flow locations. I like the 22 with the trap in the back.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • All of them seem to have the same thickness steel. I like the trap on the 22 the best, the 17 isn’t bad, and of course it’s documented how bad the grease trap is in the 36. 
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829

Well, y’all did it to me again.  Just ordered the 22inch Blackstone.  Was thinking about the 36” but didn’t want to lose the patio space.  This version will sit perfectly on top of my stainless table next to the Mini Max.  Excited to play around with it.  Going to be some BLT’s on the dinner menu when it gets delivered. 

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• HeavyG
    YEMTrey said:

Well, y’all did it to me again.  Just ordered the 22inch Blackstone.  Was thinking about the 36” but didn’t want to lose the patio space.  This version will sit perfectly on top of my stainless table next to the Mini Max.  Excited to play around with it.  Going to be some BLT’s on the dinner menu when it gets delivered. 

The 22 was perfect for me for much the same reasons - didn't really have room for the 28 or 36 and the 17 seemed too small.

I've enjoyed using it far more than I would have imagined.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Got delivered yesterday.  Solid, bigger and heavier than I expected.  Can't wait to put it to use!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843

so I have a 17" looking at the 22 but need to know the length of it.  the website says that its 27.5" wide but I find that hard to believe looking at the picture, I am wondering if they are including the propane adapter.  if that is not removeable I would agree but it looks like the same as the 17".  can any one measure its width without that adapter please?  I need to know if it will fit in the drawer in my table. thanks in advance

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• Photo Egg
    Kent8621 said:

so I have a 17" looking at the 22 but need to know the length of it.  the website says that its 27.5" wide but I find that hard to believe looking at the picture, I am wondering if they are including the propane adapter.  if that is not removeable I would agree but it looks like the same as the 17".  can any one measure its width without that adapter please?  I need to know if it will fit in the drawer in my table. thanks in advance

Kent,
    I'm sure someone will beat me to it, but I can measure it tonight when i get home from work.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Kent8621
    Photo Egg said:
    Kent8621 said:

Kent,
    I'm sure someone will beat me to it, but I can measure it tonight when i get home from work.
    thanks, if its under 25" I can pull it off, if not I wont have anywhere to store it.  here is to hoping.

Boiler Up!!

• r8rs4lf
    r8rs4lf Posts: 317
    You guys are killing me! Just purchased along with the cover. 
  • HeavyG
    The width of the griddle top itself is 22 1/2".

The width of the base is 22".

Yes, the propane regulator is removable and can be stored in the base.

• Scott805
    Scott805 Posts: 349
    Love my Blackstone 22".  Anybody know where to purchase a longer adapter hose?

Thanks!

Large BGE, 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System, three (3) bricks from Home Depot for raised direct, Blackstone 22" Griddle - Finally have a decent cooking area!

Dallas, TX

• Kent8621
    HeavyG said:
    The width of the griddle top itself is 22 1/2".

The width of the base is 22".

Yes, the propane regulator is removable and can be stored in the base.

your an officer and a gentlemen.  I got the wife some good stuff for Christmas, looks like I am gonna get something for me also.

Boiler Up!!

• HeavyG
    Scott805 said:

Thanks!
    Hit Amazon. I've seen some listed that are 12' long.

Need longer? :)

• Photo Egg
    Scott805 said:

Thanks!
    Any good BBQ store or RV shop or Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Converter-Assembly-Replacement-Certified-Appliances/dp/B01N1H6LVD/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1513629203&sr=8-6&keywords=propane+hose
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • r8rs4lf
    r8rs4lf Posts: 317
    edited December 2017
  • mjfutures
    mjfutures Posts: 53
    edited April 2018
    Just ordered the 22" .... thanks for discussing this, I never even knew it existed. 

Any accessories you guys would recommend for the 22" ... I'm not seeing any covers on Blackstone site. 
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,188
    edited April 2018
    I bought another 22” as well shortly after this original thread was active. The only thing I have for the 22” is the cover. It works ok but you have to have an object sitting under it to make it convex so water doesn’t pool on it. I got the cover from HSN:

https://www.hsn.com/products/blackstone-22-table-top-griddle-protective-cover/8396698
  • mjfutures
    edited April 2018
    If anyone is ordering from Blackstone direct like I did, I used coupon code BlackstoneBetty and saved $15 off the $149 22" griddle. So was $134.99 shipped. 
  • mjfutures
    I bought another 22” as well shortly after this original thread was active. The only thing I have for the 22” is the cover. It works ok but you have to have an object sitting under it to make it convex so water doesn’t pool on it. I got the cover from HSN:

https://www.hsn.com/products/blackstone-22-table-top-griddle-protective-cover/8396698
    Thanks for the link, I ordered one too.