Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Jack's Old South Class

Options
So my wife and I were s'posed to be spending 3 weeks in Thailand starting the end of January. Sadly her pulmonologist has put the kibosh on any air travel at all. We are both pretty bummed. 

So as a consolation prize she decided we will attend MM's class at his home at the end of January. Will spend 6 nights in a cabin in Gatlinburg on the way down, the three day class, and then at least a day in the bourbon trail in KY on the way back. 

Granted it won't complete with washing elephants in Chiang Mai or hanging on the beach in Koh Samui, but it should be an awesome trip. Plus the class and related expenses will be deductible as a business expense. 
MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
Southeastern CT. 

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,384
    Options
    Given the audible, you came up with quite a consolation adventure.  I believe it was @SmokingPiney who went to the MM class a couple of months ago.  He posted quite a bit of unclass info here.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    That sounds like a win.  Hope she's feeling better and on the road to recovery
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Given the audible, you came up with quite a consolation adventure.  I believe it was @SmokingPiney who went to the MM class a couple of months ago.  He posted quite a bit of unclass info here.  FWIW-
    I read his thread over on the brethren, that's what convinced us to go. When you watch MM on TV he comes across as such an arsehole, but according to @SmokingPiney he is very personable and will answer any and all questions in person. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • CTMike
    Options

thetrim said:
    That sounds like a win.  Hope she's feeling better and on the road to recovery
    Thanks. She was discharged last Thursday after a two day stay, readmitted this Wednesday to the ICU. Moved to a regular floor yesterday so that is progress in the right direction. 

The class, the cabin, and the bourbon trail trip were her idea - who am I to argue?

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    Either pm me or start a thread regarding the bourbon trail when your visit gets closer and I will be glad to give you the highlights of the eastern and western tours. 
  • CTMike
    Options
    GrillSgt said:
    Either pm me or start a thread regarding the bourbon trail when your visit gets closer and I will be glad to give you the highlights of the eastern and western tours. 
    I'll do that, thanks. The one distillery I really care about visiting is Woodford, so any others in that area would be great. Good news is the wife doesn't drink so I can enjoy myself. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    You'll love it. This one just opened, very historic. A few miles from Woodford. https://castleandkey.com/story/

Eagle Rare, Buffalo Trace and Wild Turkey are all within minutes. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Sorry for your situation.  I hope your better half returns to full health soon!  That said...bourbon trail victory lap brother!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Myron approves!

Flint, Michigan
  • Dave in Florida
    Options
    We love the E. TN area.  Spend a day in Cades Cove seeing the homesteads and Churches in the cove. Visit the Pearl Harbor tree. 
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • SmokingPiney
    Options
    Myron's class and the bourbon trail.

That's my idea of a great time.  =)
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    That’s making lemonade out of lemons for sure. All the best to your lady.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    We love the E. TN area.  Spend a day in Cades Cove seeing the homesteads and Churches in the cove. Visit the Pearl Harbor tree. 
    And the monster bucks. 
  • g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    Options
    @CTMike I have heard great things about the trail. I live a couple hours away but have never went. Gives us a review once you get back. 
  • g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    Options
    @Dave in Florida I was in Gatlinburg area a month ago and have never seen traffic like that before. It was bumper to bumper for 10 miles trying to get into Gatlinburg. I told my wife I would never go back. They actually have the look mall shut down cause it was over crowded. Kinda nuts.