Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spin, That Was Sheer Genius

RhumAndJerk
RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
When I said that I was drooling reading your post, I was not kidding. By 9:30 tonight, all I could think about was the steak that you suggested. I lit my small egg up and headed for the grocery store. This is of great significance since I would rather not eat meat than buy it at the local grocery store. Anyway, I purchased two rather thin semi-boneless strip steaks. When I got home, I rinsed and dried them. I ground some Tellicherry Pepper on both sides and sprinkled one side with kosher salt.[p]The egg was at 600 and I was not waiting. I grilled them for 2 minutes per side and let them dwell for 3 minutes more. When I got them inside, I placed some ghee on them and let it melt. The flavor was incredible! The wife and I enjoyed a quick treat in peace since the kids are sleeping. The only thing that my wife added was a little Worcestershire sauce at the table. I had a taste of hers and it was a nice compliment. [p]Keep in mind that I regularly use butter to finish my steaks, this was very different and better. We even scraped the plates with bread so that we did not waste even one drop of flavor.

I cannot recall ever reading a recipe and having to immediately cook it. The simplicity was maddening. I wish that I had ten more right now.[p]Thank You Spin!
RhumAndJerk[p]

Comments