Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Ring 2 OT

Options
Just purchased and installed the Ring Two doorbell surveillance  system, we bought on sale from Costco. Easy to install (15 minutes), sharp video contrast, and goes remote to your smart phone. It is bundled with a doorbell chime.
$149.99. Typically it goes for $199.00 for the doorbell/video, and another $30.00 for the chime.
See, hear and speak from your smart phone.
"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
Louisville, Kentucky

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    If you tell “GET OFF MY LAWN” into your phone, does it increase the volume on the other side?  Asking for a friend...
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Image result for movie the ring 2
    Options
    If you tell “GET OFF MY LAWN” into your phone, does it increase the volume on the other side?  Asking for a friend...
    It does actually. Scares the shid outta little kids.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Image result for movie the ring 2
    Very apro.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Ring has been in the news recently.
    Some kind of lawsuit with ADT
    https://www.theverge.com/2017/11/5/16609880/ring-barred-from-selling-security-system-adt-lawsuit-z1

Is the system you have @YukonRon ?

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Ron I think you’ll like it. My buddy put one in a few months ago. 

I was running the ADT setup but it was hot garbage. I’m going to try the Nest setup but I may just go to this one. 

Im thinking about installing one inside my gunsafe

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• YukonRon
    Options
    @GregW
    No, mine is so much simpler, and has motion detection out to 30 feet. We dropped ours back to 15 feet. It notifies you with video when anything moves, with video. Down side is squirrels. I really like this set up and love that the smart phone is used for all settings and actions.
    I will admit, I am not much on video surveillance experience, but this is pretty dang cool.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Ron I think you’ll like it. My buddy put one in a few months ago. 

I was running the ADT setup but it was hot garbage. I’m going to try the Nest setup but I may just go to this one. 

Im thinking about installing one inside my gunsafe
    You will love it. Great idea for gun safe. Thinking about getting one for our garage, too.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Screen shot:

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    If I could get one with remote opening for my dang dog, that'd be great. Especially on the weekends when her clock apparently springs forward every week. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Screen shot:
    Looks like the opening scene from a horror movie.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,268
    Options
    I have ring video doorbell pro and two ring floodlight cams. Great system!
    Mountain View, CA
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    interesting.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
  • YukonRon
    Options
    @DoubleEgger

We love our front porch. We have added a ceiling fan and electrical outlets. We plan on adding to it by placing some curtains for shade.

The house was built before TV, Radio, Telephone, AC, and the many other conveniences we have today, which actually contributes to most of the folks heading indoors for most of the day.

The front porch, back then, was a major social tool, which peope needed.

Louisville is an old river city. Many of the homes here in Louisville, were built from the wood of the barges that carried families and their belongings "Down River", and since the only waterfalls, and the widest spot in the Ohio River is here, this is as far as a lot of people got.

This house was not built of the pioneer barges,  but as we have discovered, after demolishing the downstairs bathroom, there was no toilet in the original construction. It was done the old fashoned way.....

This house is old, and it has been an exercise in discovery, and appreciation of the construction done then, with nothing like the tools and equipment we have today.

The doorbell, still had the original cord in the wall, that at one time was connected to a bell, which hung inside on the wall, that people would pull to announce they were at the door, by ringing the bell. I had to remove it to install this Ring 2.

We have come a long way.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    If I could get one with remote opening for my dang dog, that'd be great. Especially on the weekends when her clock apparently springs forward every week. 
    Good luck with that one. 

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Not enough talk of the wine cellar...
  • YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Screen shot:
    Looks like the opening scene from a horror movie.
    It really does. With the wind we have had the last two days, the leaves are mostly off all the trees. It does look a bit spooky.
    The neighborhood is beautiful in the spring summer and fall, though.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    dmourati said:
    I have ring video doorbell pro and two ring floodlight cams. Great system!
    I totally agree. This is a great system.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    If you're serious, I think Insteon has a door latch thingy that can be operated remotely. 

Otherwise, I see nothing wrong with putting the dog in a pull-up on Fri and Sat nights. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    caliking said:
    If you're serious, I think Insteon has a door latch thingy that can be operated remotely. 

Otherwise, I see nothing wrong with putting the dog in a pull-up on Fri and Sat nights. 
    as big as she is, it'd have to be depends. 
  • YukonRon
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    @bgebrent

I had a plan to lower my inventory and keep it to about 60 bottles, half of which were to sit and get some age on the rack in the cellar.

Well, the trip to Texas, where I purchased several bottles, and a larger than normal order I had forgotten about, of French wine and champagne that I placed back in September, showed up this past week.

I still have stuff in unopened wooden cases.

Shot that plan out of the sky. Big time.

We have doubled where we once were. AGAIN.

I can't begin to tell you how proud My Beautiful Wife is of me right now.

Thinking about contacting Jason to see if he has an extra space in his garage, until things settle a bit.....just kidding....

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    bgebrent said:
    @bgebrent

I had a plan to lower my inventory and keep it to about 60 bottles, half of which were to sit and get some age on the rack in the cellar.

Well, the trip to Texas, where I purchased several bottles, and a larger than normal order I had forgotten about, of French wine and champagne that I placed back in September, showed up this past week.

Thinking about contacting Jason to see if he has an extra space in his garage, until things settle a bit.....just kidding....
    Send it down. We won't drink it. :liar:
  • YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    bgebrent said:
    @bgebrent

Send it down. We won't drink it. :liar:
    Yeah, right. I was talking about me.
    Nevermind :rofl:

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bgebrent
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    bgebrent said:
    @bgebrent

I have extra space in 2 dual zone coolers.  I could help...
  • YukonRon
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    YukonRon said:
    bgebrent said:
    @bgebrent

@bgebrent

Noble and selfless as always.

All Y'all are welcome to come up and help me lower my inventory.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bgebrent
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    bgebrent said:
    YukonRon said:
    bgebrent said:
    @bgebrent

@bgebrent

It's in your future brother.  Best to Suzie and happy Thanksgiving my friend.
  • YukonRon
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    YukonRon said:
    bgebrent said:
    YukonRon said:
    bgebrent said:
    @bgebrent

@bgebrent

It's in your future brother.  Best to Suzie and happy Thanksgiving my friend.
    Very cool. Back at you my brother. Give Nicole our best.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Retired RailRoader
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Just purchased and installed the Ring Two doorbell surveillance  system, we bought on sale from Costco. Easy to install (15 minutes), sharp video contrast, and goes remote to your smart phone. It is bundled with a doorbell chime.
    $149.99. Typically it goes for $199.00 for the doorbell/video, and another $30.00 for the chime.
    See, hear and speak from your smart phone.

How long does the battery last? I’m not sure if I want the Pro. version or the Ring 2. Thanks.
    Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.
  • Woodchunk
    Options
    Here is one I am looking at. All you have to do is change out your light fixture, no other wiring. I have a family member who installed these and they do a great job.
    https://getkuna.com/