Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: any pig tail flipper want-to-be wood turner producers here? :OT

RRP
RRP Posts: 25,880
edited November 2017 in Off Topic
today I received a catolog from Penn State Industries and after wading thru 37 pages of stuff I am not intersested I found something. They are offering a short 10" metal ONLY or a 16" metal ONLY for a mere $7.95 and $8.95 respectively! Larger the quantity the cheaper they are! Just add your custom turned handle and you can sell a great product! 
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• RRP
    Their link is www.pennstateind.com and my reference was on page 38. And NO I have no interest in this company!
  • Do they sell gaskets too?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Do they have a forum?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • RRP
    Do they sell gaskets too?
    You are SO funny, John! :s Just curious...do you climax every time you attack anything I post? 
  • RRP said:
    You are SO funny, John! :s Just curious...do you climax every time you attack anything I post? 
    Wow.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    If he did, I'd bet he'd have a higher post count.

I might pick up a few of those pig flippahs.  Handles would be fun to make, and a great way to use scrap wood.
    Answer the question John.  Pics or it didn't...wait, nevermind. 
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    edited November 2017
    RRP said:
    I do. 

Twice, usually

Side note: my post is absolutely in jest and is in no way indicative of the way i view any of my fellow eggheads

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• RRP
    edited November 2017

I might pick up a few of those pig flippahs.  Handles would be fun to make, and a great way to use scrap wood.
    I agree on making use of scrap pieces for gifts. Even non-turners can make cool gifts using interesting "found wood" pieces for handles. @LawnRanger did that for years and gifted and sold bunches of them over the years!

BTW I DO thank you for your civil reply.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    RRP said:
    Their link is www.pennstateind.com and my reference was on page 38. And NO I have no interest in this company!
    Page 83 perhaps?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    RRP said:

I agree on making use of scrap pieces for gifts. Even non-turners can make cool gifts using interesting "found wood" pieces for handles. @LawnRanger did that for years and gifted and sold bunches of them over the years!

BTW I DO thank you for your civil reply.
    Mike still makes them as well as very cool spoons 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    I got the pigtail flipper cause of that video you posted. 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf