Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fried Chicken

MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
Southeastern CT. 

Comments

• OhioEgger
    OhioEgger Posts: 900
    Thanks for posting this. Very cool demo and the tame owl is simply incredible. I've done pressed chicken with a brick and a cast iron skillet on top, but the stone is a nice touch. I really like that knife of his, too!
    Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Owls are cool.  My favorite bird behind the Northern Crested Caracara.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    edited November 2017
    thetrim said:
    Funny you mention the caracara. I took this picture last March while hiking in Torres Del Paine National Park in Chile with my son:

MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • thetrim
    CTMike said:
    thetrim said:
    Funny you mention the caracara. I took this picture last March while hiking in Torres Del Paine National Park in Chile with my son:

Mike. @ctmike I remember you posting that pic or averysimilar one back then.  As soon asi sad it I thought I knew what it was.  I would've lost a lot of money because that's the Southern Crested Caracara they look very similar!    
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    And I should specify that I'm partial to the Eastern Screech Owl
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    One of the few YouTube channels I subscribe to, great channel and relaxing to watch.  I like fried anything but fried is not good for me.  Great video though.
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)