Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brined-pork-roast

Did the BGE Brined-pork-roast today with good results.   4 lb pork roast, brine for about 14 hrs.  The finished product had a nice taste.  First time doing direct, had to move the roast to the front as it was getting too hot back there.  Will do again.  

Served with the basics,  carrots, mash potatoes and cream corn (must have for mash potatoes)

Thanks

Dave
Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    I have a tear in my eye...being a devout porkaphile.
    Brine on Brother. I brine all pork, all the time. It adds so much to the flavor, tendernous, and always cooks awesome, with so much moisture left.
    Beautiful cook, excellent results.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    YukonRon said:
    I have a tear in my eye...being a devout porkaphile.
    Brine on Brother. I brine all pork, all the time. It adds so much to the flavor, tendernous, and always cooks awesome, with so much moisture left.
    Beautiful cook, excellent results.
    Thanks.  Usually I do not brine, but liked the flavour added here so will be doing it again.   When I was doing the brine, got complaints from the wife that it smelled awful... No complaints on the cook though  =)
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)