Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grillgrate Question/Issue

vcool
vcool Posts: 26
edited November 2017 in EggHead Forum
So I was at a local Egg dealer yesterday getting a new fire ring through warranty, and was shopping around.  I noticed they had a set of Grillgrates on clearance  It was 2 the two panel with the tool.  I'd looked at them in the past but hadn't convinced myself I wanted them yet.  Yesterday, they were 50% off the going rate, but were open box, final sale (you can probably see where this is going).  I picked it up, thinking "well the egg is 18 inches so this will fit!"

Wrong.  The corners prevent the egg from closing, they're probably half an inch too big on each corner.  I've worked through a couple scenarios and just wanted some input from some other folks who might be a bit brighter than myself.   

Scenario 1.  Use one grill grate at a time.  It fits.  It works.  But it doesn't give that much space to use it.

Scenario 2.  Grind/mill/cut the corners off so it fits.  Aluminium should be easy enough to work with.  It's kinda redneck tho...

Scenario 3.  Try and sell them for what I got them for, and just put the money towards the egg set.  I'm not sure how much of a market there is for them, especially in the frosty Canadian winter...

Thoughts?
Ottawa Canada, Cigars, Hunting, Fishing and Egging

Comments