Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Restaurants in Brussels?

Options
Anyone have any good recommendations to offer?

Am in Amsterdam/Brugges/Brussels for work for a few days and am now looking to try some nice spots in Brussels. Went to Ethiopian restaurant "Toukoul" last night, and it was too cool. Really great. 

Comments

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Btw, BGE prices here are insane - €750 for a Mini! And I thought Canadian pricing was bad!!
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Will try to find the names of some of the places I have been in Brugge but make sure to spend time walking around. I prefer it by leaps and bounds over Brussels. 

Beer is always a winner there. 

I will be in Amsterdam next week let me know if you find something worthwhile to try. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • OhioEgger
    Options
    Throw a dart at the phone book in any of those cities and you're likely to hit a good restaurant.

Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • BulletGrillHouse
    Options
    I had been going to Brussels 2-3 times per year, found some great places to eat but never documented, there is a lot of tourist areas
    XL, 2-Lg, Mini, 36" Blackstone (Formerly CM23)
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Wolfpack said:
    Will try to find the names of some of the places I have been in Brugge but make sure to spend time walking around. I prefer it by leaps and bounds over Brussels. 

Beer is always a winner there. 

I will be in Amsterdam next week let me know if you find something worthwhile to try. 
    I should start with a disclaimer proclaiming my profound love for holes in the wall...

If you're in the museum district at all, try Café Hans en Grietje (which is a short walk from the Rijksmuseum). Given the location, I expected poor service and high prices, but the service was great, food was delicious and prices were very reasonable. I had the beef croquettes, which were delicious. Food is hearty and rustic. Drinks were also cheap, my wife and I stayed for another round after paying our bill. 
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    If you have a free day you should also check out Ghent- probably my favorite city I have visited in Belgium. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Wolfpack said:
    If you have a free day you should also check out Ghent- probably my favorite city I have visited in Belgium. 
    Would love to see Ghent. Unfortunately, unless I simply sacrifice my shot at seeing Brussels tomorrow, I won't be able to. We've got but one full day left before heading home.