Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PSA - RTIC: everything 25% off.

Options
FWIW....

Travis told me about this (travistrick). 

I have plenty of coolers but I ordered the medium and large duffel bags and a couple drinkware items.

Ordered around 6PM.  Got a notification of the order.  An hour later, notification of shipping with tracking numbers.  Yay.

Comments

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,344
    Options
    FWIW....

Travis told me about this (travistrick). 

I have plenty of coolers but I ordered the medium and large duffel bags and a couple drinkware items.

Ordered around 6PM.  Got a notification of the order.  An hour later, notification of shipping with tracking numbers.  Yay.
    Last time I ordered from them it was three days after I got the tracking number before there was any movement of the package from their warehouse.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,610
    Options
    That had to be incredibly frustrating.
  • stonewh
    stonewh Posts: 169
    Options
    I just ordered the 65, received an email right away the order has been received and not a minute later that it has shipped.
    Birmingham, AL
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    stonewh said:
    I just ordered the 65, received an email right away the order has been received and not a minute later that it has shipped.
    I have the 65 - it's a great cooler.  Not a single complaint.
    stonewh said:
    Same here, it’s my go to cooler when we have company. I also got the soft pack 30 and that is my travel buddy, very happy with both 
  • HeavyG
    Options
    Legume said:
    You know it Sister!

Truly a First World problem of the first order (no pun intended). Amazon Now really spoils a person.

Thinking I might order some of the RTIC bottles. When they arrive I'll be sure to post a pix (I hear some people thrive on that kind of thing).
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Mine arrived missing a drain plug but they were quick to send one. Not one complaint since. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Legume said:
    You know it Sister!

Truly a First World problem of the first order (no pun intended). Amazon Now really spoils a person.

Thinking I might order some of the RTIC bottles. When they arrive I'll be sure to post a pix (I hear some people thrive on that kind of thing).
    You could go all out and post a pic (pix) of the new beverage bottles next to something you just cooked.  LMAO.  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • HeavyG
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Legume said:
    You know it Sister!

You could go all out and post a pic (pix) of the new beverage bottles next to something you just cooked.  LMAO.  
    Actually I can't even post a pix of the bottles when they arrive. My rotary dial landline phone doesn't have a camera.

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Edit - NFM 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • stonewh
    Options
    stonewh said:
    That is good to hear, I have the 45 but bought this one for the boat. I couldn't pass it up for $180.
    Birmingham, AL
  • byrne092
    byrne092 Posts: 746
    Options
    @CigarCityEgger so you like the softpack 30? I'm thinking about picking one up. 
    XL, Medium BGE & Blackstone I XAR-Woo2 & Rig-BO Flameboss 500

St. Louis, MO
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    stonewh said:
    Same here, it’s my go to cooler when we have company. I also got the soft pack 30 and that is my travel buddy, very happy with both 
    That’s a great combo, we took the same set up on a two week road trip this past summer.  The 65 kept ice 3 or so days, even though it stayed in the car in LA, TX, and NM in July.  The 30 fit perfectly behind the drivers seat and kept us in ice cold Gatorade and water in Big Bend.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    HAHA!!!! FARKING WIN!!  I had ordered the 145 like 2 months ago and still no shipment.... I see this. Cancelled my order and reordered and saved over $100!!!  I'll get it sometime next year probably but I don't care! Went ahead and got a 110 too so I'll have the full family.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Woody
    Woody Posts: 125
    Options
    Could someone share a link.  Not clear on where you are seeing this sale.

Woody in Northville, MI
    Large BGE with AR R & B Oval Combo w/Extender and Sliding D Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware Cap, Wok, Grill Grates and Kettle Q
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Woody said:
    Could someone share a link.  Not clear on where you are seeing this sale.

Just go to www.rticcoolers.com and the whole site is marked down. You don't need a coupon or go to a special page.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Woody
    Woody Posts: 125
    Options
    Thank you:)
    Woody in Northville, MI
    Large BGE with AR R & B Oval Combo w/Extender and Sliding D Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware Cap, Wok, Grill Grates and Kettle Q
  • SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    Options
    Thanks Nola!  Just texted my wife to tell her I bought myself a Christmas present.  

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• stonewh
    Options
    Just received mine last night, only took 5 days to get here, thing is a tank.
    Birmingham, AL
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Options
    I ordered a few of the drinking lids for those bottles and I really like them.   They were cheap.

I also ordered the 140L duffel, it's a tank is waterproof.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I ordered the medium and large duffel bags, supposed to be delivered today.
    Options
    how water resistant is the duffle
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    how water resistant is the duffle
    Material is waterproof.  It's not a dry-bag.  The zipper is protected from rain by an overlapping fabric flap.
    Options
    Yep, as @nolaegghead says above.  Thicker, much better quality than the white and blue ones found in the sporting goods stores/boat shops around here.  Don’t set it down with the flap facing forward if you’re going to be getting a bunch of spray.  For me, the biggest thing isn’t spray, it’s the bottom as water washes through the boat.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,740
    Options
    one medium grey duffle on order, the larges are out of stock now. this time of year im peeling off layers thru the day on the boat as the temp climbs from 30 into the 70's, the spring will be the test
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    If it's made from the same stuff as the soft cooler, it's really durable.  The sun will fade it some (I've left my soft cooler outside for weeks on end).  I always bring the soft cooler for cold beverages on the boat and just about everywhere - it's my "go to" cooler.  It gets severe abuse and it's held up fine.  No holes, amazingly.
    Options
    Options
    @nolaegghead , which cooler do you have above?

I'd like a soft cooler that'll hold 18 cans, along with ice (or ice packs) and a sandwich.  Doesn't that sound like a nice day of fishing? :)

Anyway, I did see their capacity chart, but would like to know what it actually holds.  Often the sizing doesn't account for ice packs and snacks.  I'm thinking of something I can toss in a kayak, canoe or a back-seat in the car for road trips.  Not too big, but I'm annoyed with my current medium size coolers that I struggle to put 7 bottles of beer in (its always the 7th...)

Thanks for the tip.  I think I'm between the SoftPack 20 or 30.
    LBGE/Maryland