Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - PSA Instant Pot sale

Options
Aviator
Aviator Posts: 1,757
Amazon has IP duo 6Q for 80$ and the Ultra for 119$

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

Comments

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Ordered the 3 qt for a single friend of our DIL, it was only $80CDN (About $65US), amazing how the price is dropping. Thanks for the PSA!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Aviator
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Skiddy, I had been procrastinating whether to buy an IP based on the recent threads and had been researching.
    This AM when I checked it was 149, and in the afternoon it suddenly went to the new low price. Got an OK from the head office right away (she knows a deal when it is a deal) and bought the ultra. I also bought a duo for my daughter who is in TX at Baylor and is so into cooking. Takes after her Dad.  =)

Chattanooga, TN.

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    I don't know mush about these new electric pressure cookers, however I do feel that a traditional pressure cooker will still be functional long after the electric one is dead.

Is there something I'm missing about the IP that makes them better than a traditional pressure cooker? is it the electronic controls?

• nolan8v
    nolan8v Posts: 400
    Options
    @GregW, I was wondering the same thing. However, this is a handy device if you do not have access to traditional cooking options. We keep several in our workplace for employees to use. Often times, staff will prepare meals for lunch that enables them to save money. 
    "You can live in any city in America, but New Orleans is the only city that lives in you."
    Chris Rose 

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    nolan8v said:
    @GregW, I was wondering the same thing. However, this is a handy device if you do not have access to traditional cooking options. We keep several in our workplace for employees to use. Often times, staff will prepare meals for lunch that enables them to save money. 
    I had never considered that an IP could be used at work. Work use is something that I would never do with a traditional pressure cooker, but I can see the IP really working well for workplace use.
  • chays99
    chays99 Posts: 41
    Options
    Nice find. 

Does anyone have any comments regarding the two models?  Not sure which I “need”
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I saw one at Costco the other day.  Not sure on the price, but might be a good place to buy if you're on the fence and just want to try it.  100% satisfaction guarantee!

BTW, works great for hard boiling eggs.  Tried dozens of different methods to get them to release from the shell (start from room temp, old eggs, shake then shock, poke hole it bottom, etc......nothing works!!)  The shells release just fine with the instapot and no special prep!!!
  • Aviator
    Options
    Went from 119 to 127 this eve. :(
    I went for the Ultra. Tech moves on...

Chattanooga, TN.

• Judy Mayberry
    Options
    I have an 8-quart Instant Pot I only used a couple of times. Too big for us! If anyone is interested in buying it from me for a good price, I have the original box and the mailing carton it came in...and it is a heavy item...get in touch with me.
    Judy in San Diego