Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

JFK - Conspiracy or Not?

It's Friday. Have fun 

Comments

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,545
    I believe Ted Cruz has fled the country due to the release !!!!
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • "Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• "Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    Was just an earlier effort by the Russians to meddle in US politics.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    HeavyG said:
    After we meddled in South Vietnam's politics. 
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Definitely more to the story.

Here's a pic I took three yrs ago standing in the exact spot middle of Dealey Plaza, and one in the spot where Zapruder was filming.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    Will be interesting to follow although most here have not accumulated sufficient laps of the sun for first-hand reflection.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DoubleEgger
    Typical govt crap.  25yrs to release the docs and it's a scrambling shït show at the last minute. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    After 54 years from the event and a 25 year wait, what's gonna change by waiting a little longer?
    Now, the failure to execute the release plan is a different issue for me.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG said:
    After we meddled in South Vietnam's politics. 
    US meddling in the affairs of other sovereign nations predates Vietnam by more than 100 years.

The USSR and Cuba killed Kennedy in retaliation for the embarrassment of the  "Cuban Missile Crisis" blockade  and the failed Bay of Pigs invasion and attempted assassinations of Fidel. Tit for tat.

It's part of why our relations with Cuba still have not been normalized. 
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102

Ted Cruz’s Father

Just last year, President Trump himself introduced a new theory, appearing to suggest that Ted Cruz’s father may have been involved.

The Washington Post said while he was battling Cruz for the Republican presidential nomination, Mr Trump claimed his opponent’s father Rafael Cruz had been spotted with Lee Harvey Oswald before the shooting.

“His father was with Lee Harvey Oswald prior to Oswald being, you know, shot,” Trump reportedly said during a telephone interview. “I mean the whole thing is ridiculous. What is this? Right? Prior to his being shot. And nobody even brings it up. I mean, they don’t even talk about that — that was reported. And nobody talks about it.”

“There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Yeah i think it was a conspiracy 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • The American people are not ready nor will they accept the truth about their gubment. ..... and later tonight, slow roasted Red Pills on the Big Green Egg! Buwahahahaha
    When do y'all teach me the secret handshake?
    XL BGE, 36" Blackstone, and a Wah Wah pedal
    Williamsburg, VA
  • DoubleEgger
    The American people are not ready nor will they accept the truth about their gubment. ..... and later tonight, slow roasted Red Pills on the Big Green Egg! Buwahahahaha
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MMzd40i8TfA
  • HeavyG
    Hans61 said:
    Yeah i think it was a conspiracy 
    Absolutely!

The US government sealed the records because had the American public been aware of what actually happened and who was responsible the outrage would have likely lead us to Global Thermonuclear War™. 

Instead the US and USSR agreed instead to settle the matter via "a nice game of chess". Preparations were made and a match was agreed to a decade later.

The US won when Fischer beat Spassky in Iceland in 1972, an event so shocking to the Rooskies (who thought they had an easy path to victory) that it led to the eventual crumbling of the Berlin Wall and the disintegration of the Soviet Union.

Trump's election is all part of a Russian long game to still get revenge for both the Cuban and the Spassky embarrassment.

• DoubleEgger
    @HeavyG there's nothing that you can't spin to fit your anti Trump agenda. 

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Seems legit

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    edited October 2017
    Interesting that during the first face to face with JFK and Nikita Khrushchev, Kruschchev flat told JFK he was his presedent and he got him elected.  Russia actively meddled in his election.

Then Kennedy followed through with Eisenhowers plan for Bay of Pigs invasion just a few months into his presidency, showing he was not Kruschchevs ****.

Kruschchev still thought JFK was weak and started the install of nukes in Cuba.  A lucky U2 flight spotted the pads.  Every advisor to JFK wanted bombings, invasions, retaliatory nukes, etc.  Luckily Kennedy learned about military advisors during the Bay of Pigs fiasco and he went his own route.  Blockade.  Then a secret deal to remove nukes from Turkey in exchange for getting nukes out of Cuba averted WWIII.

Kruschchev was out foxed and looked weak to is military.  A about 7 months later Kennedy was dead.  You make your own descision.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Wait a second. JFK is dead?
    I saw him at the costume shop earlier. I call Shenanigans.

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    It was after he instituted an across the board tax cut . Maybe Reagan had him offed so that people would associate tax cuts and the Gipper?
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    Then a secret deal to remove nukes from Turkey in exchange for getting nukes out of Cuba averted WWIII.
    So, Turkey has been nuc-free since?  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Magic bullet
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited October 2017
    Botch said:
    Then a secret deal to remove nukes from Turkey in exchange for getting nukes out of Cuba averted WWIII.
    So, Turkey has been nuc-free since?  
    No, not completely.  The original jupiter missiles were removed in ~1963.  They do have nukes again, but I'm not familiar with when they got missiles again.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    O.J. shot J.F.K.
    This is misinformed.  What he said is that he is going to search for the real killer.
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    bucky925 said:
    What a great show 
    What is the show? It looks hilarious.