Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Jotisserie or Blackstone

Wife asked what I wanted for xmas. Im torn between the 2. Decisions Decisions!
XL bge, Mini max & 36 BS Griddle.

Comments

• I have neither and have no immediate plans to add, but the BS would be a no-brainer for me.
    Stillwater, MN
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Biased as I don’t have joe. Blackstone will change how you cook. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    I have a jerry rigged rotisserie and a 17" blackstone. I don't use either so a real Joetisserie or a BS of any size would not be on my list. Think of something else. IMO.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Hub
    Hub Posts: 927
    I have both, love both, and use both often.  You will use the Blackstone way more, but the rotisserie yields great, healthy results.  Blackstone not so much with regard to healthy.  Either way, you win.
    Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia
  • 2mdemm
    2mdemm Posts: 2
    I tried the Joetisserie... It was not what I expected. Recently, I purchased a new Blackstone 22". It is the perfect size / use it all the time. Highly, highly recommended !!!
  • BS hands down..... 
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Do you have a gasser? Or another charcoal cooker? I ask as you can get griddles to put in a gasser, and there are cheaper rotisseries to put in kettles. Just options to help. But to answer your question, I would say blackstone. But I have a rotisserie already for my WSM/kettle. 
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    edited October 2017
    BS. 
    This will open doors to wonderful stuff. Like the Egg, very versatile.
    The Joe on the other hand, after the novelty wears out, may become a one trick pony. 

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    BOTH.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• I have both. 

Blackstone. Hands down. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• I have both also.  I have used the joetisserie once in 6 months but I use my blackstone at least once a week. 
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    edited October 2017

The guys that have both are probably the ones to listen to.  A jotisserie isn't something on my list of wants.  I do use my BS virtually every single day.

Phoenix 
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    I have a Joetisserie (yes I foolishly jumped on the bandwagon) .. used it approx 6 times, now it sits in my garage gathering dust never to be heard from ever again. IMO, there are so many better ways to spend my (then) $299 dollars.

If I could go back, it would be a BS or even a PBC (which I now own) ..
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    I have both also.  I have used the joetisserie once in 6 months but I use my blackstone at least once a week. 
    Exactly!
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,168
    I would not trade my BS 17 for two or three Joetisseries.
  • Stuss
    Stuss Posts: 75
    Just bought a 36" BS about 6 weeks ago……enjoyed it so far.   Mess to clean up after the cook is my only complaint.
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,168
    Stuss said:
    Just bought a 36" BS about 6 weeks ago……enjoyed it so far.   Mess to clean up after the cook is my only complaint.
    Isn't that the truth? First and only time I made smashburgers there was grease everywhere. Guess I had the heat too high. Less greasy things like the shrimp and onions I posted are a pleasure to make.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    Stuss said:
    I think I'd rather clean the Blackstone instead of sitting in front of a kitchen sink with suds. It is a paper towel hog though 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Thanks guys! I figure I would have gotten more use out of the jotisserie than the BS. After watching numerous videos on youtube of people using the rotisserie it made me think of how much I could use it, not to mention how delicious the food looked!

On the other hand, I do see a lot of valid points about using the Blackstone griddle more often than not. I personally do not like cooking certain foods in the house because my house is small and when you get done eating dinner there's no place for the smoke or food smell to escape to.. I guess with the Blackstone it does have to be outside so that's one plus not having certain smells in the house
  • I saw my local Lowe's has the BS for $299 and a 2 year replacement warranty is $45.
    Walmart has them for $247 and their 4 YearProtection plan is $37.
    Amazon has them $247 and their 4 year replacement is $25.

Looks 
    like Amazon is the best deal. All warranties seem to be the same. If it breaks they fix it. If it can't be fixed, they give you gift card for FULL purchase price.
  • SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    There are a few things I would like a rotisserie for making...this is one.  I have a 17"BS and have used it a couple of times.  It's great for breakfast outside and I've used it for burgers, although I now prefer the Akorn Jr for burgers... Thanks to @HeavyG for that deal.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6iv55ZYlOg
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    If I had a large patio, I'd get a BS.  That thing just looks too damn fun.

As I don't, I'd get a Joetiss as it extends the functionality of what I already have.  I use the "Little Griddle" on my L BGE.  It's no blackstone, but it serves my needs.
    LBGE/Maryland
  • I use my Blackstone way more that the Joetisserie. Just my 2 cents.