Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-RIP Gord Downie

It's really to put into words how I feel after hearing the news this morning. The Tragically Hip have been part of my life for the past 35 years. I don't think I have ever sat around a campfire without hearing Gord's beautiful voice resonate.
A Canadian icon taken too soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35mJvcY104M
St Marys, Ontario, Canada  LBGE

Comments

• Gym
    Gym Posts: 366
    edited October 2017

A Canadian icon taken too soon. 

Amen, he'll be missed
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980

I remember a radio interview I heard from them back in their infancy.

It was asked how would you describe the Hip to an American?

The reply, kinda like the Doors but without all the drugs.

• keener75
    keener75 Posts: 392
    Saw this quote from our Prime Minister today...
    St Marys, Ontario, Canada  LBGE
  • AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    My go to bad even to this day since high school. Sad day, loved the music, loved seeing them live. Way to many memories with any one of their songs in the back ground.
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    I'm sorta sad tonight.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Saw them in a small club in Houston (Rockafellows) decades ago. Been a fan since.

Natical Disaster and Locked in the trunk of a car are two of my favorites to drum along to. 

RIP Gord. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    BBQFan1 (Mike Kerslake) turned me onto the Hip years ago, and it is some of my favorite music. I'm not a lyrics guy, but you can't help but listen when Gord was singing those words. Thinking about y'all North of the border, and Hip fans everywhere. Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Was thinking of him last weekend when I was in Kingston on the penitentiary tour. 
  • Teefus
    Teefus Posts: 1,204
    I discovered The Hip at a house party many years ago. Someone stuck the "Up to Here" CD in the player and it immediately got my attention. It's still on my go to play list to this day.
    Michiana, South of the border.
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    This may or not be known but Netflix has a great documentary about The Hip called "Long Time Running". It chronicles their last tour and it's a beautiful, funny, rockin' and sad film...'cause you know how the story ends.

If you are/were a Tragically Hip fan, check it out.

"You are ahead by a century..."
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Miked125
    Miked125 Posts: 481
    dmchicago said:
    This may or not be known but Netflix has a great documentary about The Hip called "Long Time Running". It chronicles their last tour and it's a beautiful, funny, rockin' and sad film...'cause you know how the story ends.

If you are/were a Tragically Hip fan, check it out.

"You are ahead by a century..."

Thanks! I will have to check it out. Their last concert was televised across Canada, defiantly had a sad tone at the end - everyone knew it was the last one and why....