Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My first attempt at brisket

Options
PETE
PETE Posts: 44
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a new BBQ Guru and a neighbor from Texas so I want to give a brisket a try this weekend. I would appreciate any words of wisdom that can be provided.[p]Rob

Comments

• River Griller
    Options
    Pete,
    Low and Slow. Also I like the Jack Daniels wood chips at the start of the cook. Let us know how it goes.

• Popsicle
    Popsicle Posts: 524
    Options
    Pete,
    One thing I found is you cannot use tooooo much rub on a brisket and the earler you put it on the better. Good luck from a Texan that loves good brisket. Pop

Willis Tx.
  • PETE
    Options
    Popsicle,
    Any ballpark figures regarding min per pound for the cook. I realize it is just a guide.[p]Rob

• Pete,
    I’ve tried 3 times in the last year. I only have a small Egg. This limits the size that can fit, also I haven’t found a decent sized brisket locally. The first two attempts were dismal. They were edible but I wouldn’t have ,shared with anyone. Before the third, I scoured the archives. The most recent was an Angus, one poster suggested that was the only way to get a to get a decent sub-3-pound brisket. Another post (by NatureBoy, if memory serves) suggested pulling as soon as the plateau had finished.[p]If you have a large and are cooking an 8ish lb. piece of beef - as most do, please ignore this…[p]Good luck with your brisket.[p]rb

• PETE
    Options
    BasementDwellingGeek ,
    Thanks for the advice I am always amazed at how many people are willing to help.[p]Rob