Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fireboard Announcement

Its finally here. Those of you on the fence or waiting, get your Fireboard. I'm pretty pumped about the fan capabilities. I'll be ordering soon for sure! 
Pratt, KS

Comments

• So is it held in by that metal spring? Won't that break or warp in the fire?
  • MattBTI
    MattBTI Posts: 417
    Not sure if that fan is for the egg. The cable is compatible with about any blower on the market. It was designed to be brand agnostic from what I understand. 
    Pratt, KS
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,344
    That's some premium pricing on that cable and fan.

Add the price of a Fireboard/Fan cable/blower and you're getting into Stoker territory.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    edited October 2017
    What a poor way to attach the fan. If that's all there is to the fan, that's sad. If that's the best I could develop, It just wouldn't release it.

I wonder if you could use a stoker fan and bracket with it instead?
  • MattBTI
    You can use any fan and egg bracket if I'm not mistaken. So long as the input plug is the same. 
    Pratt, KS
  • MattBTI
    $90 is kinda pricy for a cable, granted it has some brains built into the barrel plug end. 
    Pratt, KS
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Calibration certificate $50 :dizzy:
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,023
    Looks like it can control two fans.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • HeavyG
    Looks like it can control two fans.
    One of the plugs is for 12v input. I guess in case you are running a really long cook and don't want to deplete the Fireboard internal battery.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• HeavyG
    The Fireboard isn't used solely by backyard bbq'ers. Some industrial/commercial users have a need for accurate/certified readings.

Thermoworks also offers a calibration certificate for an extra fee for some of their products.

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    HeavyG said:
    The Fireboard isn't used solely by backyard bbq'ers. Some industrial/commercial users have a need for accurate/certified readings.

Thermoworks also offers a calibration certificate for an extra fee for some of their products.
    Fair enough. 

I would agree with you; in that when you start buying everything in the package you're well on your way to a Stoker price wise. I watched their YouTube video and it seemed like a decent product. But, for me it's not something I would throw down the bones for. I already did that with the Stoker and it's far more expandable. Maybe others will be interested though. But, as technology develops doesn't it typically become more affordable?  Is the biggest benefit being able to use any manufacturers draft motor blower or having an App?  What's the Wow factor here?  

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL