Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

EggtoberFEST Ticket Giveaway!!!!

Hello all,

I won tickets to Eggtoberfest from the kind @The_Buffalo and am unable to go. I have tried to reach out to him, to see what he wants me to do. But I am sure he is busy migrating to the FEST. Soooooo, I am going to do my own giveaway! I have two tickets to giveaway. Let me hear why you should be there. Best response wins the tickets. I will choose a winner Thursday evening. Good luck! 
BGE Dealer and EggHead since 2013. Find our company on Facebook
Large BGE
Waterloo, IL

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Sounds like Buffalo round 2.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Don't know what else to do! And don't want the tickets to go to waste!
    Large BGE
    Waterloo, IL
  • Great idea Chris. No need to let the tickets go to waste. Sorry you can't make it.
    Snellville, GA

• epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,168
    edited October 2017
    I would graciously take them off your hands and be grateful for the kind gesture, as I am close by, but I don't have any grand story of why you should reward them to me. I would go if I had tickets and am sure I would enjoy the experience but I am no more deserving than anyone else, perhaps less so.
    Personally, I think returning them to the buffalo would be the best bet, or maybe giving them to a deserving military veteran or first responder might be a nice gesture on your part as well. (I am neither, but have great respect for both.)
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Lesson #1 - Don't enter a contest for tickets to an event you can't attend.  =)

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Photo Egg
    Don't know what else to do! And don't want the tickets to go to waste!
    First off, the tickets are not really going to waste if you don't use them.
    The were a gift from BGE to you because you expressed great interest in going and now can not. You, nor anyone else, is out any money and no one is hurt by you not going.
    My comment was initially based on you starting the whole process over again by wanting people to express to "you" why they deserve to have the tickets instead of just giving them away.
    Before you promise to give something away it would be nice to know if you can even make this happen. (if they are transferable or not)
    Honestly, it might be nice if the people who won tickets and can NOT go would just keep silent and not make a fuss about and making more work for BGE that might make them not offer free tickets in the future. 
    People are more interested in just winning before they think things through.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Lesson #1 - Don't enter a contest for tickets to an event you can't attend.  =)

Closed on a house sooner than expected. Moving weekend
    Large BGE
    Waterloo, IL
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Lesson #1 - Don't enter a contest for tickets to an event you can't attend.  =)

Closed on a house sooner than expected. Moving weekend
    Congrats!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Photo Egg said:
    The were a gift from BGE to you because you expressed great interest in going and now can not. You, nor anyone else, is out any money and no one is hurt by you not going.
    My comment was initially based on you starting the whole process over again by wanting people to express to "you" why they deserve to have the tickets instead of just giving them away.
    Before you promise to give something away it would be nice to know if you can even make this happen. (if they are transferable or not)
    Honestly, it might be nice if the people who won tickets and can NOT go would just keep silent and not make a fuss about and making more work for BGE that might make them not offer free tickets in the future. 
    If no one uses them, then I consider them wasted whether or not anyone paid for them. 

Tickets are in PDF form and transferable. 

So, I should stay silent and let the tickets go to waste rather than give them to another EggHead? Doesn't make sense to me. How is it making more work for BGE giving 2 tickets away? 

I was just trying to give two tickets to someone who wanted to go and couldn't. That is it. 
    Large BGE
    Waterloo, IL
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    You're letting something like moving house get in the way of Eggtoberfest?!?!? 

Now I've seen it all...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking said:
    You're letting something like moving house get in the way of Eggtoberfest?!?!? 

Now I've seen it all...
    Haha no kidding, right?!?! Believe me, if I could leave the moving to the wife and kids, I would. Dunno if I would be allowed back in the house tho lol
    Large BGE
    Waterloo, IL
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg said:
    If no one uses them, then I consider them wasted whether or not anyone paid for them. 

Tickets are in PDF form and transferable. 

So, I should stay silent and let the tickets go to waste rather than give them to another EggHead? Doesn't make sense to me. How is it making more work for BGE giving 2 tickets away? 

I was just trying to give two tickets to someone who wanted to go and couldn't. That is it. 
    If there is no name associated with the pdf tickets then great, but that was not my understanding.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Man, so much shade being thrown at @ChrisSonn23

Honestly, I saw the post and just thought he was was doing something nice.  Life happens, plans change.  No reason to let 2 perfectly good eggtoberfest tickets go unused.

Perhaps just post on the original buffalo thread and offer them back up?

MBGE, LBGE since 2009.  Georgia Born, Nashville Made.
    ig: dewsouthbbq

• Man, so much shade being thrown at @ChrisSonn23

Honestly, I saw the post and just thought he was was doing something nice.  Life happens, plans change.  No reason to let 2 perfectly good eggtoberfest tickets go unused.

Perhaps just post on the original buffalo thread and offer them back up?

I know, right?!?! Just trying to give the tickets to another forum member. I did post on the original giveaway post and PM the buffalo with no response. No worries, he is busy so I took it upon myself to give them away. No harm in that

Update: Tickets are gone to a forum member. 

Large BGE
    Waterloo, IL