Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

FlameBoss 300 update issues

Options
I received my FlameBoss 300 today and have been trying to learn all the in’s and out’s of the device before an overnight cook Friday. My firmware on the device is 1.85 and I notice several new updates available for the 300 but my device hasn’t auto downloaded them. I have checked the online profile to make sure the auto updates are enabled and everything appears to be set correctly. It is connected to my WiFi network and I am able to control the device from the website+mobile app so I know the WiFi is not the issue. Thanks for any help or suggestions. 

Comments

• Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    What did they say when you called them?
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Sdfd504 said:
    Thanks for any help or suggestions. 
    Just use it. It's still working properly.
    As it learns your Egg it will get even better.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    Sdfd504 said:
    Thanks for any help or suggestions. 
    Just use it. It's still working properly.
    As it learns your Egg it will get even better.
    100% agree

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• Sdfd504
    Sdfd504 Posts: 12
    Options
    What did they say when you called them?

It was after business hours so I haven’t had a chance to call them yet but I will today. 
  • Sdfd504
    Sdfd504 Posts: 12
    Options
    Just an update they had an issue with the latest firmware and disabled the auto update on the 300’s. It should be available in a few days. Great customer service!
  • THA
    THA Posts: 198
    Options
    1.85 is current .  I called them and they told me that 2.0 firmware is Beta.  If you want to download it, there is a section that will allow it in the setup menu.  I will have to get mine out later and see where to find it and post it. 
  • THA
    THA Posts: 198
    Options
    The above comment I just made was from about 4 weeks ago,  they may have made it current but I doubt it since it should update automatically.  In setup the box you check is really not clear as to purpose.  I will try to look it up when I get home.
  • littlerascal56
    Options
    Mine updated Saturday evening, when I turned it on for a cook. Shows version 2.1
  • littlerascal56
    Options

Checked version today and it does show 2.01.001.  This is what it updated to last Saturday evening.

• GoooDawgs
    GoooDawgs Posts: 1,060
    Options
    what is included in the new update?  I have the FB300 but never know what actually changes when it updates.

Hopefully the update changes the colors on the graph with the 3 temp probes!  3 colors are brown, brownish gold, and orange.  It's challenging to see which probe goes with each protein. 
    Milton, GA 
    XL BGE & FB300
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    My 200 seems to update just about every time I use it.  So, yeah, it should be automatic when it needs to grab.

They're pretty good with support, though, if you have issues. I had a probe fall apart and my fan bust after a year and they sent me new parts.
    LBGE/Maryland
  • littlerascal56
    Options

Version 2.01

1. Replaced the open pause setting with a zero-configuration open-close method.
    2. Modified the screens and menu flow to accomodate more features.
    3. Added AP-mode provisioning that works with mobile apps (iPhone now, Android soon, on FB200v2 and FB300 models only).
    4. Added support for advanced network settings, including static IP network configuration and showing IP and MAC addresses.
    5. Added hide-PIN option. When configured, the controller stops showing WiFi status on first connect, and quits showing the PIN when WiFi status is shown at other times.
    6. Added browser provisioning for configuring WiFi in AP mode or station mode from any device with a web browser (for FB200v2 and FB300 models only).
    7. Added bug fixes and other minor enhancements.
  • littlerascal56
    Options
    Mine updated during last night cook to 2.03.001
  • clifkincaid
    Options
    Mine updated during last night cook to 2.03.001
    What changed?
  • littlerascal56
    Options
    Nothing from the 2.1.001 that I can tell. I don't like the "automatic" fan delay, as it now stays off 5 minutes after you close the lid.  Liked having the 60 second delay better.  5 minutes is too long, as it then takes a lot of time to recover back to set point.