Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Really liking the new band system

I just finished assembly on our first large with the new bands. It's nice when manufacturers listen to their customer base. I can't say for sure, but I think the front handle is a little wider too. 
Pratt, KS

Comments

• Just did the same and can't say it was an easy task.  It did correct the underbite but getting the lid to stay matched to the bottom was tough.  It took me several tries to get it the way I think it should be.  Have you tried the dollar bill trick around the bottom with the lid closed?  I did an have a couple of spots I would like to have tighter but can't adjust them out.  I installed a Nomex gasket at the same time.  That was a breeze!
      BGE should ship these things like KJ with the top and bottom completely together.  Don't understand their antiquated was of doing things.  I think they are a very complacent company.   
    Auburn, Alabama
  • Jealous, wish I had the new bands and larger thermostat 
  • MattBTI
    MattBTI Posts: 417
    @unoriginalusername I'd like to do the same to my egg at home, unfortunately I can't justify the price difference while having operational hinges at the moment. Even at dealer pricing. I'll just deal with the underbite I have. It is not too terrible.
    Pratt, KS
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Looks like they those lid tabs make the band spacing easier.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.