Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

bacon wrapped shrimp

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,888
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Recently some one had posted about grilling some bacon wrapped shrimp using Mrs Dog's jerk sauce. I GOTTA TRY IT, but can't find the reference now. Any help would be appreciated!
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    RRP,
    Here is the official Mrs. Dog’s Barking Shrimp Recipe from Mrs. Dog’s Secret Pocket Guide.[p]1 lb. Shrimp, peeled and deveined
    1 tbsp. Olive oil
    1 tbsp Mrs. Dog’s Jamaican Jerk Marinade OR Mrs. Dog’s Dangerously Hot Pepper Sauce
    A big squeeze of lime juice
    A splash of dark rum[p]Mix and marinate up to one hour
    Grill, using direct heat or sauté in a little butter or oil until pink and curled.[p]You could easily wrap each shrimp in some bacon before you grill it.[p]Hope this helps,
    RhumAndJerk[p]

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    As a quick side note, that list of ingredients sounded interesting so here is what I did.
    I added some Mrs. Dog’s Jerk, some Key Lime Juice and a splash of dark rum to some melted butter and poured it over my popcorn. Now that was a tasty treat.
    R&J

• J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    RhumAndJerk,
    In the past I've used a bit of orange juice concentrate with the jerk before wrapping shrimp in bacon. Maybe some honey in there would be good, too. We'll give it a try this weekend. JCA