Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT- Questions some may find controversial

johnnyp
johnnyp Posts: 3,932
1) did we ever settle the asparagus question?

2) is a wrap a sandwich? If so, what’s a burrito?

3) would you rather have toes for fingers or fingers for toes?
XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,829
    1) What's the question?
    2) Whatever.
    3) Whose toes?  Or whose fingers?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    1. Mine does
    2. Mexican food
    3. Do I get to keep my hand fingers if I have toe fingers?
  • 1) No
    2) No it’s a wrap/ part 2- the Spanish version of a wrap.
    3) No brainer, fingers for toes. Much better balance when drunk and can be hidden by socks.  
    Snellville, GA

• johnnyp
    edited October 2017
    Foghorn said:
    1) What's the question?
    2) Whatever.
    3) Whose toes?  Or whose fingers?
    1) Does it make your pee stink?

2) no thanks.  I want strong opinions here.  Preferably resulting in a multi page fight where people cite conflicting sources. 

3) whosoever your heart desires.  
    1. Mine does
    2. Mexican food
    3. Do I get to keep my hand fingers if I have toe fingers?
    3) oh yea, you’re getting 2 sets of one or the other

1) No
    2) No it’s a wrap/ part 2- the Spanish version of a wrap.
    3) No brainer, fingers for toes. Much better balance when drunk and can be hidden by socks.  
    3) hidden by socks?  You’ll perpetually have to wear clown shoes with those things.  Still I think you made the right choice. Chimp feet seem the better option here. 

• TheToast
    TheToast Posts: 376
    1) It does
    2) A sandwich is a dish where bread holds food. So yes, I hate to say a wrap is a sandwich. It does freak me out that before sandwiches, people ate bread for hundreds of years in big, torn-off chunks. What were they thinking?
    3) Fingers for toes
  • johnnyp
    Skirted right past the burrito portion I see...
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    1.  Asparagus makes my pee smell "interesting". 
    2.  A wrap is not a sandwich, but a burrito is a hot wrap.
    3.  Fingers for toes if the hands stay the same, I'd be the motherf*ckin foot f*ckin' master.
    edited October 2017
    Yes, asparagus makes my pee stink.  Just like cilantro tastes like dish soap.  And sauvignon blanc from the Marlboro region of New Zealand tastes like cat piss.  Anybody who doesn't notice/appreciate/agree with these assessments is an idiot.  And genetically deficient. 

(Is that the sort of thing you were looking for on this Friday eve?)

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    1. It makes its presence known for the next 2-3 times
    2. i vote it’s under the sandwich umbrella 
    3. I d rather have fingers for toes, but if I could add an alternative argument my intent was to pick whichever one leaves my fingers on my hands :-) 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • nolaegghead
    foot-jobs.  They would be comparable.
    Foghorn said:

You rose to the occasion 
  • johnnyp

foot-jobs.  They would be comparable.
    Yep, still worthless 
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Foghorn said:
    Yes, asparagus makes my pee stink.  Just like cilantro tastes like dish soap.  And sauvignon blanc from the Marlboro region of New Zealand tastes like cat piss.  Anybody who doesn't notice/appreciate/agree with these assessments is an idiot.  And genetically deficient. 

I think he wanted citations too.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,829
    People who think cilantro tastes like dish soap also think chili doesn't have beans. Idiots. 
    That's moronic.  

One is a matter of taste.  If you can't taste the dish soap in the cilantro, you have no taste.

The other is simply a fact.  If you add beans to your chili, it is no longer chili.  That doesn't mean it isn't edible or doesn't taste good.  It just isn't chili.  But it's not a taste issue.  

San Antonio, TX

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Foghorn said:
    People who think cilantro tastes like dish soap also think chili doesn't have beans. Idiots. 
    That's moronic.  

One is a matter of taste.  If you can't taste the dish soap in the cilantro, you have no taste.

The other is simply a fact.  If you add beans to your chili, it is no longer chili.  That doesn't mean it isn't edible or doesn't taste good.  It just isn't chili.  But it's not a taste issue.  
    Chili without beans is hot dog sauce. Hot dogs may or may not be a sandwich. Squirrel!

anyway, cilantro is gods gift to Mexican food. 

• johnnyp
    “Hot dog sauce”. Lmao
  • nolaegghead
    Image result for two girls one cup
    I scream, you scream

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,166
    johnnyp said:
    1) did we ever settle the asparagus question? White asparagus is the best. 

2) is a wrap a sandwich? If so, what’s a burrito? A wrap is an insult to a sandwich. It's the Milli Vanilli of sandwiches. A burrito is what it is. It stands alone. 

3) would you rather have toes for fingers or fingers for toes? I'll go with fingers for toes. Hard to pick your nose with a toe. Lol

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    Hans61 said:
    3. I d rather have fingers for toes, but if I could add an alternative argument my intent was to pick whichever one leaves my fingers on my hands :-) 
    There is no 'sandwich umbrella' in the taxonomy of foods that contain other foods. The burrito predates the sandwich and there is no burrito umbrella either - if there were, a sandwich would not be part of it.

Fingers for toes - hanging from tree branches, picking up things from the floor, etc.  If I had toes for fingers I would need to get one of those old people cell phones with 12 large buttons.
  • I don't know about asparagus making my pee smell, but burritos make my poop stink!

It's the Earl of Sandwich not the Earl of Tortilla

And, I already got 'em!
    When do y'all teach me the secret handshake?
    XL BGE, 36" Blackstone, and a Wah Wah pedal
    Williamsburg, VA
  • Hans61
    Legume said:
    Hans61 said:
    There is no 'sandwich umbrella' in the taxonomy of foods that contain other foods. The burrito predates the sandwich and there is no burrito umbrella either - if there were, a sandwich would not be part of it.

Fingers for toes - hanging from tree branches, picking up things from the floor, etc.  If I had toes for fingers I would need to get one of those old people cell phones with 12 large buttons.
    At first I was of the mind that a grain/corn like material holding a combination of ingredients inside is a sandwich, and because google is the highest authority I know :-) I googled it

“A wrap is a variation of a sandwich: a sandwich has two distinct layers which are the top and bottom pieces of bread. A wrap, on the other hand, is one piece that completely surrounds the content of the wrap.”

So the wrap is a variation of a sandwich, isn’t that the same as being under the sandwich umbrella? 

“There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • johnnyp
  • johnnyp
    Hans61 said:
    Legume said:
    Hans61 said:

At first I was of the mind that a grain/corn like material holding a combination of ingredients inside is a sandwich, and because google is the highest authority I know :-) I googled it

“A wrap is a variation of a sandwich: a sandwich has two distinct layers which are the top and bottom pieces of bread. A wrap, on the other hand, is one piece that completely surrounds the content of the wrap.”

So the wrap is a variation of a sandwich, isn’t that the same as being under the sandwich umbrella? 

Is a bread bowl of soup under the same umbrella? 

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    Scarygus makes everyone's urine stink, there's just a small portion of the population who cannot smell the ammonia derivative with their own nose.  I don't envy the guy who discovered this.

Sammiches are made from leavened (yeast-raised) bread, while burritos, tacos and wraps are made from unleavened bread.  I can't believe no one else gets this.

Fingers for toes.  I'da been a cool-ass keyboard player, although my stage image might have been lacking.  Oh, and my brain had a hard time controlling just ten fingers... :tired_face:

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Hans61
    @johnnyp I like how your mind works :-)
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Mine always smells faster than I expect.
    wrap = American burrito
    Fingers for toes for sure. 

theyolksonyou said:
    My mom needs one of these. 

Merica

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA