Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salmon Filets

Options
Jethro
Jethro Posts: 495
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Did some salmon filets Sunday night and followed the cooking method in jrichie770's "Melt-in-your-mouth Salmon" recipe. Except we didn't bother with the flipping.[p]Also, just put a light coating of salt & pepper on the fish and finished up with teriyaki basting glaze for the last few minutes. One thing we did different this time was adding the Jack Daniel's smoking chips. Not sure how much flavor they added but, the golden color it gave the outside of the salmon was beeeautiful. Probably, the best salmon we've had yet.[p]Maybe some pork chops with Lysander's Pork Rub tonight.[p]Regards,
Jethro

Comments

• J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    Jethro,
    Come to Rockford on Saturday & we'll experiment with salmon. It looks like Kenny G's bed is avaialble if you want it, & if you are not an axe murderer. JCA

• bdavidson
    Options
    Jethro,
    I'd take Julie up on her offer of Kenny's bed. He made some of the best salmon I've ever had in Atlanta last fall. The recipe, as I recall, included a teriyaki marinade, a splash with Jack Daniels and a drizzle of maple syrup, followed by an hour-long low temperature smoke with Jack Daniel's chips...to die for.

• Jethro
    Options
    J Appledog,[p]I've never been convicted ;-).[p]Jethro
  • Jethro
    Options
    bdavidson,[p]Mmmmmmmmmmmm' doggie that do sound good! I am scheduled for a fridge pickup and engine drop off, some remodeling and a trip to the azalea and rhododendron show. I don't think I can add in a 3.5 hour one way trip, but I would absolutely love to. Besides the good food, that is a purty area over there.[p]Jethro