Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Flat Iron Steak Left Overs

Options
Kelly Keefe
Kelly Keefe Posts: 471
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Cooked up a flat iron steak the other night. Marinated it in soy sauce, L&P with some diced garlic. As usual, that was darn good eating. Was considering what to do with the left overs and ended up making beef stragonoff with it. Man, that was just outstanding! I've cooked these for sandwiches and just to eat sliced thin by itself but the stroganoff might just be where future flat irons are headed.[p]Just wanted to pass on the idea...[p]Kelly
Jefferson City, MO

Comments

• Popsicle
    Popsicle Posts: 523
    Options
    Kelly Keefe,
    How large was the steak you started with. The flat iron steaks I can get here are in the 12 oz. range and I love the flavor and tenderness. I guess what I am saying is there is not much leftover from a 12 oz steak. Pop

Willis Tx.
  • Kelly Keefe
    Options
    Popsicle,
    Not sure of the weight but it was about 12"x6" in size. It's funny, but for someone who really, really likes BBQ the wife and I are pikers in actually eating meat. We can split a cornish game hen and have left overs... ;-)[p]Kelly