Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First try at Mahi Mahi Tacos

Options
ryantt
ryantt Posts: 2,532
edited September 2017 in Seafood
Well today we were trying to figure out what to make for lunch, a common problem at our house.  Well while we were at the Egg  dealer picking up my new swing rack, Norah said lets make fish tacos.  she spotted a new rub so I'm guess that's part of what prompted her. The rub was made Suckel Buster and is called Fajita Seasoning ( guess what it made for ) lol.  It's a nice mix of sea salt, black pepper, garlic, chili powder, paprika, sugar, cumin, onion and other spices.  It seemed to have just the right flavor for today's go at tacos.  

Off to Fresh Tyme market to grab some fish, and like all  tightwads I went with what was on sale.  We marinated the fish in a mix of  chilies in adobo, fresh lime, cilantro, a splash of soy, and the fajita mix. The fish was marinated for 30 minutes while the girl came up to temperature.   Once out of the marinade, we hit it with a little more of the  Suckle Busters and tossed it on.  First thing I found is how fast it cooked, fallowed by how good it was. Fish was grilled at 450ish for just a few minutes total.   Below are some photos of the food.  Sides included grilled corn,  cilantro chili lime rice and black bean beans.  Thanks for looking and comments/tips and tricks always appreciated.  

XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

Comments