Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

did up a pile lamb riblets

Options
premarinaded at the butcher shop, no idea where this was actually cut from, round bones, ybone, two small rib chicklets. darn good med/rare

used a gas thingamajig =)

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• HendersonTRKing
    Options
    Yum.  The ones with the round bone look like shoulder lamb chops, although when I used to grill them, there was meat all around the round bone.  Haven't seen them in the grocery store for years.  You've inspired me to ask the butcher to get me some.  Back in the day, it was a cheap and tasty cut.  I bet that's holds only 1/2 true now.
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,769
    Options
    Yum.  The ones with the round bone look like shoulder lamb chops, although when I used to grill them, there was meat all around the round bone.  Haven't seen them in the grocery store for years.  You've inspired me to ask the butcher to get me some.  Back in the day, it was a cheap and tasty cut.  I bet that's holds only 1/2 true now.
    i buy these often when they have them out but they always look different, the butcher always puts them out with a light marinade. pretty inexpensive for this butcher, ribeye 13.99 a pound. lamb riblets 5.99.  looks like ones shoulder, one had some rib cut, and one had neck bones =) there were smaller no bone pieces that were put on first and eaten from the grill
    fukahwee maine

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @fishlessman
    Are you sure that's not rectum ;)
    Just kidding ole buddy, the grub looks great. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Looks great, we all love grilled lamb.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Nice! Those are some meaty pieces. The bits of marrow are a special treat. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,769
    Options
    picked up another 3.5 pounds for the weekend, love how the i dont like lamb folks keep the prices down.
    fukahwee maine

• Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    Looks wonderful!  Wish my wife liked lamb -- I don't cook it often because she's not a fan.