Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini Stand

BlueSmoke
BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Eggbertslaststand002.jpg
<p />Here's the mini stand I mentioned yesterday. I won't repeat the details here, except to say it's a plant stand from Home Depot, cost $22 plus tax.[p]Ken

Comments

• Mini.jpg
    <p />BlueSmoke,
    That's a nice solution and a bargain. I just got a mini from an occasional poster, Spike, who was clever enough to have made a stand from a metal stool. The bottom ridge of the mini sits perfectly on four screws that formerly attached the seat to the legs. It sits at the same height as my large. (Thanks, Spike.)[p]Paul

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Essex County,
    Wow! What a great idea![p]Ken

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Essex County,
    Nice stand...I made a table for my mini egg out of a old typewriter stand and Corian.The sides fold down.
    Larry

[ul][li]Mini Table[/ul]
  • Essex County,
    The same Spike that post here? The dude from the North East somewhere? The dude that dosn't have a shift key on his key board?[p]Wow, I wonder who made it for him?

• BurntRaw,
    Not sure where that came from. I bought a small and a mini from him last weekend. The mini had the stand as well as a cast iron grate he made. He also gave me a bunch of other home made stuff to adjust the height of the fire ring on the small. I do suspect he made these things himself given the friggin amazing workshop he had.
    Paul

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    BlueSmoke,
    I went to our local Home Depot this morning and unfortunately they had none of the 20" size but did have 11 of the short 8" ones. They sure are sturdy!!! It will be something to look for next spring!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Spike
    Spike Posts: 37
    BurntRaw,
    first of all, i'm not a typist so i don't use the shift key. my wife is a typist and uses the shift key, but i'm retired and i don't feel like it. (ha ha)[p] The mini stand that Essex County got from me I made it out of a metal stool and I just extended the legs on it and painted it.[p]Happy BBQing
    Spike

• Spike
    Spike Posts: 37
    Essex County,
    you are very welcome paul.it is nice to see that they have a good home.take care and have many enjoyable cooks
    jerry

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    BurntRaw,
    you hound me night and day, and you forget it's "stike" not "spike"?[p]i thought we had something.[p]stike and spike are both from the northeast, but ain't the same guy.

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante